Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, NorthBank said:

I only listen sporadically these days but will tune in on Saturday to hear Cowan's full apology to Marvin Bartley. Cowan demanded that Bartley phone in and give a public apology on air for calling out a racist incident which Cowan said wasn't racist (Dundee Utd v Hibs). Now it proves that racist comments were called out. So time for Cowan's publicly apology. A written one is also justified considering the number of times Cowan demanded Bartley's apology. However I doubt Cowan is big enough to do so.

I’m sure he’s just about to post his apology on Instagram also. 

On 05/12/2022 at 16:29, andyg83 said:

I am a big fan of the show but Tam is becoming an embarrassment at times. He was really weird with Martin O'Neil at the weekend.

Give me Cosgrove and Bradshaw any day.

Mrly favourite recurring guests are probably:

Chick Young
The Nobel Prize Winner
Nutmeg Magazine guy
Old Firm Facts
Div Mcdonald
Craig Levein
Amy Mcdonald

Least favourite
The Northern Irish Man U fan
Hugh McDonald

Loving the Div Brown nosing going on 😂

Anyone else remember that guy that ran the greyhounds or something that then got removed from his post like the next week? 🤔😂

Also, scratch Amy McD from your list. Not as fun now that Tommy Wright isn't around and her husband has retired.

4 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

He's not right on much, but he is spot on with assists. Nearly as pointless a stat as some of the dross that's been flashing up on screen during the WC.

I am not bothered about the stats but often shake my head as the guy that taps in wheels away to the acclaim of the crowd while the guy that beat two men and laid it on a plate trots back to the halfway line.

3 minutes ago, ropy said:

I am not bothered about the stats but often shake my head as the guy that taps in wheels away to the acclaim of the crowd while the guy that beat two men and laid it on a plate trots back to the halfway line.

Yes, but just as often the scorer will head straight for the setter-upper, pointing meaningfully like "you made that".

Bartley is a knob, generally. For a variety of reasons, mainly that he's an ex hibby.

But, as was kindly promoted in Mr Cowan's Instagram some time ago, I stand by what I said then. 

Interesting that this has come to light again, and fair play to Mr Bartley's former employers for doing the digging. I guess it just shows that we are all sometimes too quick to jump to conclusions etc 

20 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Bartley absolutely going for him here if you click on the full thread and not just about this incident.

He’s got all the Instagram stories he posted

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Edit: To the absolute surprise of nobody he was also putting the boot into Eilidh Barbour 

Edited by Clown Job

Got the feeling of something coming to an end with this whole business. And maybe it's just time.

I still enjoy listening to Cosgrove. He makes mistakes and can be annoying sometimes, but so would anybody in more than 25 years of spending hours at the mic every week. I hope he gets to carry on as I feel he's still really good.

But with Cowan I think this should probably be the end. As much as anything else, there's been a change in him over the last decade or so. I don't mean I ever fancied being mates with him, but he has become much less likeable in the last decade or so. He often just comes across as pretty horrible. The interview with Martin O'Neill the other week was another really low point. Mean-spirited and petty to the point of unprofessional. I actually had to put it off as it was toe-curling.

Now this. Maybe time to just move on. I think it's been shown quite often that Cosgrove plus one other works really well anyway. Ray Bradshaw would be a decent pick. But, don't jump on me yet, I think OTB has always suited Chic Young pretty well. Whoever it is, there are other options now and Cowan should really just go.

24 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

He’s got all the Instagram stories he posted

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Edit: To the absolute surprise of nobody he was also putting the boot into Eilidh Barbour 

Yeah I had no idea they were going out until Cowan started inexplicably having a go at Bartley over this but obviously now it was more calculated. 
I am still an OTB fan and do find some of the moaning on here a bit ridiculous but he’s overstepped the mark here. It’s blindingly obvious why he’s done this and given both Bartley and Barbour are also employed by the BBC I think his time may be up with them.

I think Tam was going after Bartley for branding a fan a racist before the incident had been investigated, only for it to be deemed as not racist after the initial investigation. 

For it then to be found to be racist after the full investigation. Making Tam look like a fanny. 

I remember hearing it at the time and it just sounded strange, he went in heavy on Bartley about a subject that Bartley has a personal and professional and emotional interest in, which Tam clearly doesn't. I don't think what Tam said came from a racial dislike, more of ignorance. 

8 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

Give it to Ray and Steven Mill till the end of the season imo

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He is to positive, for it to work they have to be more cynical. I prefer when Suzie McCabe is on. 

I would be happy with Ray myself but Suzie is a decent shout also. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Stuart walk not so much in protest but just assumed both might stop at same time.
If he does go I fully expect @Ludo*1 to put up a poll of the runners and riders.