Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's a shame what's happened to the show, but I don't think we can blame the team around it entirely.

It's been a victim of the prevailing culture in Scottish football, well, the Old Firm, in the last decade or so of being completely and utterly humourless and unable to take any kind of joke or disrespect. Both sides are shocking for it and it has killed the kind of humour OTB used to do because now they'd just be deluged by organised online complaints or online-organised boycotts.

3 hours ago, JTS98 said:

It's a shame what's happened to the show, but I don't think we can blame the team around it entirely.

It's been a victim of the prevailing culture in Scottish football, well, the Old Firm, society in general in the last decade or so of being completely and utterly humourless and unable to take any kind of joke or disrespect. Both sides are shocking for it and it has killed the kind of humour OTB used to do because now they'd just be deluged by organised online complaints or online-organised boycotts.

That's more accurate.

13 hours ago, JTS98 said:

It's been a victim of the prevailing culture in Scottish football, well, the Old Firm, in the last decade or so of being completely and utterly humourless and unable to take any kind of joke or disrespect. Both sides are shocking for it and it has killed the kind of humour OTB used to do because now they'd just be deluged by organised online complaints or online-organised boycotts.

Numerous clubs have adaptations of the Millwall song that goes 'No-one likes us, we don't care'.  Going by social media, it turns out most of them do care - a lot.

On 29/12/2018 at 12:41, DA Baracus said:

The guest tonight? 

Scott McDonald.

I thought he sounded hoarse at the start of the show, I wonder if his team had been beaten? Much prefer when they don't have folk who do the lunch time shows in and have one off guests who are interesting and sometimes even articulate.

Cowan really is a 'PC GON MADDD!!!'type now. Yesterday he said you couldn't get away with playing 'Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves' over the tannoy when the away team run out before a derby anymore.

More total bollocks of course. He needs to stop reading the Daily Mail. He also needs to be punted.

Edited by DA Baracus

Cowan has long ceased to be funny, and there are more frequent glimpses of his underlying sexism - probably wishes he was Chubby Brown.
The central conceit, of the pub conversation between genuine fitba supporters, has long worn thin and, now that they rattle on over the same ground like the pub drunks, it's usually pretty tedious.
Cosgrove needs a better foil but, with the impact of Channel 4's recent expansion coming, I suspect it'll be him who jacks it first.

Its only entertaining if you are a moron.

My team :Kilmarnock

Ah!