Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 14/08/2022 at 08:51, Boghead ranter said:

He's in Blackpool this weekend.

He seems to spend a lot of time away in his motorhome.  Thankfully, he goes to exactly the places you would predict he would ( fish & chips, bingo, lager etc in the 'club' ) so I'll never have to meet him on my jaunts.

On 16/08/2022 at 09:26, The Mantis said:

I seem to remember being somewhere where the whole board slid down till they put the numbers in, then they hoisted it up into place.

Somerset Park had one of those scoreboards.

This live show on Saturday was okay, the audience seemed to give them a bit of adrenaline and the energy came over.  I dont get the love for the impressionist tho. 

Also: Seemed like Cowan had a big fat line of ching before the Sunday programme.  Listen to the podcast when I was driving South, he seemed to be extra shouty and interuptimg today. He was butting-in to just about everything Cosgrove was saying. 

16 hours ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

This live show on Saturday was okay, the audience seemed to give them a bit of adrenaline and the energy came over.  I dont get the love for the impressionist tho. 

Also: Seemed like Cowan had a big fat line of ching before the Sunday programme.  Listen to the podcast when I was driving South, he seemed to be extra shouty and interuptimg today. He was butting-in to just about everything Cosgrove was saying. 

That just reminds me, remember when they had someone so crap impressions during the mid show breaks

2 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Lewis McLeod is a very funny guy but when you have to start impressions with "Hello, John Smith here" then you're not a good impressionist.

Or at least not very topical

That's John Smith, for my next impression Robin Cook...

3 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Lewis McLeod is a very funny guy but when you have to start impressions with "Hello, John Smith here" then you're not a good impressionist.

I thought that he was playing with Plymouth these days. 

7 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Lewis MacLeod. I thought OTB was better when they had wee sketches scattered throughout. 

Ford Kiernan too. Used to love the Grange Hill spoof with Barry Ferguson bullying Lorenzo Amoruso 😁

John Boyle as Frankie Howerd and Begbie the Hibee were good too. 

I also miss Watson's Windup which was on before OTB in the old days. Occasionally I put on his Bob Wylie voice and say "it smells of fousty pish" 

Breaking the news on Radio Scotland with Des Clarke on a Friday lunch time is actually very enjoyable. 

Wouldn't be against a new format copying that tbh. Would mean comedians ripping into Celtic and Rangers and would probably be shut down within a couple of weeks. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

3 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Breaking the news on Radio Scotland with Des Clarke on a Friday lunch time is actually very enjoyable. 

No, it isn't. It's one of those programmes where the participants seem to be having much more fun than the listening audience (certainly me, anyway). I hate when I accidentally catch it.

2 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

No, it isn't. It's one of those programmes where the participants seem to be having much more fun than the listening audience (certainly me, anyway). I hate when I accidentally catch it.

Fair enough personally find it upbeat and funny myself. :) 

On 14/08/2022 at 11:12, tamthebam said:

The two scoreboards I remember from the late 80s were at Cappielow and Rugby Park. I think the Cappielow one is still there, now used as an advertising hoarding although a Ton fan can confirm

The large electronic scoreboard at Meadowbank Stadium also presented the scores as A 1-1, B 2-0 etc which annoyed those who didn't buy a programme 

Spot on regarding Cappielow. There’s a clock and the rest is advertising