Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

788 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 01/08/2022 at 13:48, A96 said:

The amount of time and effort spent in posting about Tam Cowan’s taste in music on here every week seems to be far greater than the time devoted to it on Off the Ball itself.

Can’t say I’m a fan of the Engelbert Humperdinck/Tony Christie type stuff that he likes. And some of the old Motown/Northern Soul stuff that Stuart Cosgrove clearly loves doesn’t do much for me either.   But so what ?.....that’s their taste. And a relatively small portion of each show is given over to their musical tastes.

They've been on for literally decades, often multiple times a week.  That adds up just a wee bit when it's the same old stuff over and over and over again.

2 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

They've been on for literally decades, often multiple times a week.  That adds up just a wee bit when it's the same old stuff over and over and over again.

Please clarify.....are you talking about the show ?....or the posters on here who bang on about Cowan's musical taste ad nauseum ?

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Away goals in European ties are not irrelevant. Away goals in European ties do count.

Where does a pedant get his water? From a well, actually.

4 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Ray Bradshaw has never heard of a half time scoreboard? Feeling my age now 😕

That brought back memories of the johnnie walker scoreboard at Rugby Park 

Ray Bradshaw makes the programme so much better. Can't remember the last time someone covering Scottish football voluntarily corrected themself.

C&C together make the show worse than the sum of their parts, when only one of them is there it's not so bad.

Rad Bradshaw 'have St Mirren ever played in Europe?'
Ali de Foy (who calls herself a 'great St Mirren fan') answers 'no'.

Maybe those nights watching the likes of St Etienne, Slavia Prague, Feyenoord (with Cruyff and Gullit) and Mechelin (who went on to win the Cup Winners Cup that season) wete all a dream.

5 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Maybe those nights watching the likes of St Etienne, Slavia Prague, Feyenoord (with Cruyff and Gullit) and Mechelin (who went on to win the Cup Winners Cup that season) wete all a dream.

Hammarby...

9 hours ago, NorthBank said:

I like Ray Bradshaw on the show and he seems to have a genuine love for football ie he has mentioned being on tour somewhere in England and going to a random game but that is poor.

Even if he had no knowledge of the games you mention he surely knows they won the Scottish Cup in 87 which would get them into the following seasons Cup Winners Cup

Did bullet holes appear on the graphic? Or is my memory playing tricks on me?

Either way I preferred the wee guy hanging up the scores on the old score board to the digital version which only worked properly for a few seasons.

The two scoreboards I remember from the late 80s were at Cappielow and Rugby Park. I think the Cappielow one is still there, now used as an advertising hoarding although a Ton fan can confirm

The large electronic scoreboard at Meadowbank Stadium also presented the scores as A 1-1, B 2-0 etc which annoyed those who didn't buy a programme