Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, andyg83 said:

He made a reasonable point about Ellidh Barbour actively pointing out a lack of black players in a team. There's a time and place for that chat but I wouldn't say it's for a match pundit?

I see alot of this in my workplace these days. Folk going out of their way to be seen to be saying the right things rather than being sensible about it.

I think Ellidh has really pissed him off over the stooshie at that Football Writers Dinner though! emoji3.png

Was Barbour not introducing a segment presented by Alex Scott about grass roots football not being as inclusive as it could be?  It wasn’t match analysis and it was setting the scene for the segment.

Was Barbour not introducing a segment presented by Alex Scott about grass roots football not being as inclusive as it could be?  It wasn’t match analysis and it was setting the scene for the segment.
Cowan didn't like it.

7 minutes ago, andyg83 said:
1 hour ago, ropy said:

Cowan didn't like it.

I am guessing he didn’t watch it, I haven’t listened to his show yet so I am guessing 

The other Cowan annoyance was his recent claim that Chicory Tip’s Son of my Father had nonsense lyrics. It’s a song about a boy who was being moulded to be like his father but broke free to live an independent life of his own.

58 minutes ago, ropy said:

The other Cowan annoyance was his recent claim that Chicory Tip’s Son of my Father had nonsense lyrics. It’s a song about a boy who was being moulded to be like his father but broke free to live an independent life of his own.

This is just having a go for the sake of having a go.

The claim was the lyrics were indecipherable ie you don't know what is being sung. Cowan is right in this case

21 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

This is just having a go for the sake of having a go.

The claim was the lyrics were indecipherable ie you don't know what is being sung. Cowan is right in this case

They were reading them out 

7 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Doubling down is not a good look.

I listened to the show. I am sure it is still on iplayer if people care enough to see who is right

It was a few weeks ago, I may be mis remembering but I thought it was more about the words not making sense rather than the traditional indecipherable lyrics.

4 minutes ago, ropy said:

It was a few weeks ago, I may be mis remembering but I thought it was more about the words not making sense rather than the traditional indecipherable lyrics.

They were taking about Never Mind The Buzzcocks and Tam mentioned the indecipherable lyric round they used to have. Tam said that song was the best as you can't make out anything. They then played the song

2 hours ago, ropy said:

One of the worst songs ever written. Right at the top of my most hated closely followed by Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep.

I've been doing a run through of all the number one singles in the UK since the charts started, from al Martino onwards.

Just reached Procul Harum "Whiter Shade of Pale" and by jiminy what a pile of shite that is. Musically dull and nonsense lyrics to boot.

15 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I've been doing a run through of all the number one singles in the UK since the charts started, from al Martino onwards.

Just reached Procul Harum "Whiter Shade of Pale" and by jiminy what a pile of shite that is. Musically dull and nonsense lyrics to boot.

Did you skip the light fandango 

32 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

You had to be there! (Were you there?)

8 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

No I came along in '72. I am not unfamiliar with music in the 60's though, and just think this is immensely overrated.

That's fair enough. You may feel differently if you had lived through it at the time. Having said that, many people who did live through it think it's overrated as well.

9 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

My old man refers to it as "Procul Harum's Paler Shade of Shite"