Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

783 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 28/06/2022 at 17:53, Junior_Arab said:

Most folk buy sports cars and shag 21 yr olds when they have a mid life crisis (lord knows that’s what I’m hoping for when mine arrives🤞).

Not sure about the shagging of 21 yr olds, but Shandon and alta-pete are your go-to-guys for mid-life-crises BMW'S...........................

On 23/06/2022 at 00:09, ropy said:

So Polmont down through Harthill, seems reasonable 

Falkirk is salt and sauce, and has more of an East coast accent. Going West, Bonnybridge and Banknock still have a similar accent. It's only when you get to Kilsyth that the accent becomes decidedly West coast.

8 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Not sure about the shagging of 21 yr olds, but Shandon and alta-pete are your go-to-guys for mid-life-crises BMW'S...........................

Mrs a-p and I discussed it in advance and the easy conclusion was that a BMW was far cheaper and potentially far less destructive than shagging a 21 year old. I suspect it might also last a wee bit longer.

It’s all in the setting of the context…

25FA951E-D1F9-4D2D-908F-654256E30402.gif

15 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I believe Shandon has trouble parking his though

BMW.jpg.8eaca5412e511154ff62520ba2839679.jpg

16 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

My midlife crisis started about 20 years ago and is only just fizzling out. 

2 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
On 28/06/2022 at 22:48, Sammo said:
I’m not gonna lie, I love my footstool. Now when I sit in an armchair without one it just feels wrong! 

I say it helps my sore back. Is there anything more middle age than that?

Each to their own man better to lean into it 😂

Good programme today. Craig Levein and Craig Easton on talking about football. 

Get the fishermen and Z list panto stars in the bin permanently.

Amazing how much more listenable the show was without Tam jabbering on about some shite easy listening from the early '60s.

Posted (edited)

Aye, the show is a much better listen without Tam Cowan.

Shame, as he used to be really good. Not sure when he became such a thin skinned baby and massive Celtic/Sevco sycophant, but whenever it was was when he should have packed it in/been removed.

Back when he was proudly anti Celtic/Rangers and didn't have social media to react to, I enjoyed Tam Cowan, and his throwback tastes were an amusing foible. 

I suppose that any show that is closing in on three decades will feel tired, but repeating the same stories and tropes, continuing to reference increasingly dated TV shows and football games and lashing out at social media criticism doesn't help, but marry that to an increasing sycophancy, in the face of a sea of sycophancy, means you have no hope of attracting new listeners and will lose existing ones. Sevco/Celtic fans have plenty of media to kiss their arse, so why would they listen to Off The Ball who may make the odd joke at their clubs' expense? They're even more thinner skinned than Tam Cowan.

Basically, who is Off The Ball for these days?

Edited by DA Baracus

11 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye, the show is a much better listen without Tam Cowan.

Shame, as he used to be really good. Not sure when he became such a thin skinned baby and massive Celtic/Sevco sycophant, but whenever it was was when he should have packed it in/been removed.

Back when he was proudly anti Celtic/Rangers and didn't have social media to react to, I enjoyed Tam Cowan, and his throwback tastes were an amusing foible. 

I suppose that any show that is closing in on three decades will feel tired, but repeating the same stories and tropes, continuing to reference increasingly dated TV shows and football games and lashing out at social media criticism doesn't help, but marry that to an increasing sycophancy, in the face of a sea of sycophancy, means you have no hope of attracting new listeners and will lose existing ones. Sevco/Celtic fans have plenty of media to kiss their arse, so why would they listen to Off The Ball who may make the odd joke at their clubs' expense? They're even more thinner skinned than Tam Cowan.

Basically, who is Off The Ball for these days?

^^^ gagging for another dust up with the Lanarkshire Tony Bennett enjoying dufus.