Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, Spam_Valley said:

I had the misfortune of being at a dinner last friday where Tam was the guest speaker. His whole schtick that night was to take the piss out of Eilidh Barbour for being unable to take a joke, questioning whether she'll take 'qatar blood money' for being a host at the world cup on TV and making jokes about his boaby being so long, it has an elbow. Don't get me wrong, some of his one liners were decent but 90% of his pish was like listening to a drunk uncle with patter stuck in the 70's. Time to bin the c**t off.

What was the event, was it one of those Sportsman’s Dinners where what you describe seems to be the standard, or was it for the BBs? 

A few predictable things today.

Tam went to see Mama Mia ( for the 8th time)

Ellidh Barbour walking out getting another mention as a joke ( they must be secretly pissed of with her)

Engelbert Humperdink getting another mention

On 22/05/2022 at 14:36, DA Baracus said:

Michael Stewart commented on it last year.

Derek Ferguson's response was that he was adamant that it was to celebrate Dutch players. Think Billy Dodds might have concurred.

He seemed to genuinely believe that nonsense too.

The conversation was swiftly steered away from the issue.

😂

it’s ingrained in these c***s DNA isn’t it.

I am amazed that more isn't made of this. It is basically a dog whistle to the absolute numpties that follow the club.

Anyone who actually wanted to move the club into the 21st century would not allow this.

Speaks volumes about those running the club imo. Sinister stuff actually.

What was the event, was it one of those Sportsman’s Dinners where what you describe seems to be the standard, or was it for the BBs? 
Cowan and Cosgrove are not that happy at Ellidh Barbour are they? I don't get it.

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

I'm actually fine with folk being dinosaurs. I don't want to police what other people find funny.

When they come for people standing up against bigotry or prejudice eg Eilidh Barbour then f**k them and people should absolutely go for them 

It's not really something to be joked about unless you think the whole thing. is bullshit and "pc gone mad" or "a laugh,  a joke and a carry on"

6 hours ago, andyg83 said:

Ellidh Barbour walking out getting another mention as a joke ( they must be secretly pissed of with her)

It’s really quite an achievement if you get through an edition of Off the Ball (bar when Cowan is off) where Engelbert doesn’t get a mention tbf. 

18 hours ago, andyg83 said:

Mama Mia. ****ing ****