Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Listened to it for the first time in years, quite enjoyed it which probably won't go down well on here.

A Rangers fan enjoying off the ball for "the first time in years" is absolutely indicative of why OTB is shite now

I cba texting them but I'm sure the "Celtic fox" game mentioned in today's show was at Hampden in the season they played there. I have vague memories of listening to the game on the radio and the fox being mentioned.

It was against Aberdeen. Michael Marra was inspired to write a song about the incident called "Reynard in Paradise" where the fox mistakes the Dons' red shirts for fox hunters.

2 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

Listened to last week's, and was amused and interested by the SFSF guy's Norway money slush fund. 

Was that the oil fund he was talking about?  We have missed the boat.

Could it translate to football? 

2 minutes ago, ropy said:

So it was an idea like the oil fund - put a % of all transfers into a kitty, watch it grow and use it/interest accrued to invest in the game, e.g. grassroots pitches etc.

What was amusing was that he was effectively given a platform by the BBC to trot out the oil fund indy angle, dressed up as a football issue 😂

6 minutes ago, ropy said:

No 

No we have not, it is never too late.

Yes 

Also ...

They want you to be fatalistic, don't fall for it.

51 minutes ago, ropy said:

Tam is hoping that Raith Rovers beat Linlithgow in a game that was played last Tuesday.  That was in response to reading a message stating that Rovers had avoided the embarrassment that Aberdeen had fallen to.

Yeah,  that had me thinking "Have I missed something here" before realising that Tam was just being thick and neither of them realised the game had already been played. Never mind petty and ill-informed, this was completely uninformed. 

On 28/01/2023 at 13:13, Mark Connolly said:

Aye. Demanding that the pyramid be adjusted so that they can get up quicker, and the pish about Colville Park, where "We didn't take all the players. We took the manager, and then all the players came"

I haven't been around the Ammys for some time bud but I'm pretty sure that,contrary to Mr.Gall's assertion,Colville Park are indeed defunct. In fact, the Central Scottish,where they previously enjoyed success,makes no mention of them in their team listings.

On 28/01/2023 at 13:13, Mark Connolly said:

Aye. Demanding that the pyramid be adjusted so that they can get up quicker, and the pish about Colville Park, where "We didn't take all the players. We took the manager, and then all the players came"

He took the manager and 9 of the players forcing Colville Park to withdraw from the league as they couldn’t fulfil their fixtures.

John Gall is a w****r.

Having won the Amateur Cup in May 2019 sadly Colville Park had to field a scratch XI to fulfil their Scottish Cup prelim tie in August and crashed 0-4 to Whitehill. They folded in September. (Technically it may actually have been that they received 'relief of fixtures' which is the amateur equivalent of going into abeyance until the following season - but I don't think they kicked a ball in anger again).

Even worse with the next (on time) Amateur Cup completed in May last year... winners Tower Hearts almost immediately folded and so simply scratched their Scottish Cup prelim tie; and runners-up Fallin also folded.

Edited by HibeeJibee

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Enjoyed this again today,  definitely back in my Saturday routine and had a few chuckles. 

1 hour ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

Is it a phone in they have? Not listened to it for ages but I listen to SSB every Saturday night, so might give this a go.

Can't tell if these are both trolling or what but can we nail this to the door of the BBC to get OTB cancelled?