Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

It was on today’s Off The Ball which is normally available on BBC Sounds later today. After O’Neill left the show, he was only on the phone, Cowan accused O’Neill of “fat shaming him”.

5 mins in and he's slagging O'neill for dying his hair. Fat cry baby can give it out but can't take it back. He's an embarrassment of a human being.

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

It was on today’s Off The Ball which is normally available on BBC Sounds later today. After O’Neill left the show, he was only on the phone, Cowan accused O’Neill of “fat shaming him”.

FFS, Cowan was the guy moaning about the "censorship" of Jerry Sadowicz in the summer.

Shoe on the other foot now, eh chubster?

The fact O'Neill got Tam's number after the show and called him shows a bit of class for sure.

Also the guest today, Daniel Gray, is superb. I've heard him on the show a few times and his knowledge and chat is always brilliant. He would be great as a semi-regular guest. I'm surprised you don't hear much from him elsewhere in the media other than the Nutmeg magazine.

1 hour ago, eaglesham2203 said:

The fact O'Neill got Tam's number after the show and called him shows a bit of class for sure.

Also the guest today, Daniel Gray, is superb. I've heard him on the show a few times and his knowledge and chat is always brilliant. He would be great as a semi-regular guest. I'm surprised you don't hear much from him elsewhere in the media other than the Nutmeg magazine.

He writes quite a few books and does the nutmeg podcast, as well as appearing on a few WSC things. He's doing well, and deserves applause for his work.

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

He writes quite a few books and does the nutmeg podcast, as well as appearing on a few WSC things. He's doing well, and deserves applause for his work.

Aye, he’s a great writer. his Nutmeg stuff is always brilliant. Led me to buy his book Stramash which is brilliantly written. 

4 hours ago, eaglesham2203 said:

He’s on the When Saturday Comes podcast along side Harry Pearson and Andy Lyons. It’s pretty good, there’s only a little bit of Scottish coverage but they cover some good stuff. 

On 03/12/2022 at 13:04, eaglesham2203 said:

Cowan really is an absolute clown.

Martin O’Neill on he couldn’t get a word in, the slightest comeback from O’Neill and Cowan takes the hump

turned it off, he needs replaced, loudmouthed dinosaur.

I never listen to OTB any more as I can't stand Cowan and it's been so stale for years and years.  Looked this up though and it was very entertaining as O'Neill sucessfully winds him up despite being talked over repeatedly.  Tough luck Tam.

I never listen to OTB any more as I can't stand Cowan and it's been so stale for years and years.  Looked this up though and it was very entertaining as O'Neill sucessfully winds him up despite being talked over repeatedly.  Tough luck Tam.
I am a big fan of the show but Tam is becoming an embarrassment at times. He was really weird with Martin O'Neil at the weekend.

Give me Cosgrove and Bradshaw any day.

Mrly favourite recurring guests are probably:

Chick Young
The Nobel Prize Winner
Nutmeg Magazine guy
Old Firm Facts
Div Mcdonald
Craig Levein
Amy Mcdonald

Least favourite
The Northern Irish Man U fan
Hugh McDonald

5 hours ago, razamanaz said:

Noticed again today smart arse Stuart Cosgrove doesn't like when a listener points out an error he made - quite a nasty snide remark to said listener

And the guest made a Cowan-esque joke about putting a condom on a banana making the banana hard to eat and Cowan sounded a bit miffed that someone else had dared make a funny 

On 10/12/2022 at 16:45, razamanaz said:

Noticed again today smart arse Stuart Cosgrove doesn't like when a listener points out an error he made - quite a nasty snide remark to said listener

Stuart’s quite a bullshitter. When somebody’s telling a story he keeps saying ’uh-huh’ to imply that he knows it already. He makes loads of errors that go unremarked as he’s usually half right and the others don’t have a scooby.
Last week they were discussing some name or other (wish I could remember it but I was driving to a game and only half listening) and Stuart decided to throw in that it was from the Latin, just to score a point (it was actually Greek).

On 05/12/2022 at 16:29, andyg83 said:

I am a big fan of the show but Tam is becoming an embarrassment at times. He was really weird with Martin O'Neil at the weekend.

Give me Cosgrove and Bradshaw any day.

Mrly favourite recurring guests are probably:

Chick Young
The Nobel Prize Winner
Nutmeg Magazine guy
Old Firm Facts
Div Mcdonald
Craig Levein
Amy Mcdonald

Least favourite
The Northern Irish Man U fan
Hugh McDonald

Chick Young & Amy McDonald.

LOL.

L O L 

L.  F.  O.  L. 

I only listen sporadically these days but will tune in on Saturday to hear Cowan's full apology to Marvin Bartley. Cowan demanded that Bartley phone in and give a public apology on air for calling out a racist incident which Cowan said wasn't racist (Dundee Utd v Hibs). Now it proves that racist comments were called out. So time for Cowan's publicly apology. A written one is also justified considering the number of times Cowan demanded Bartley's apology. However I doubt Cowan is big enough to do so.

37 minutes ago, ropy said:

Watching Argentina’s third goal last night reminded me of Tam’s campaign against assists being a thing.

He's not right on much, but he is spot on with assists. Nearly as pointless a stat as some of the dross that's been flashing up on screen during the WC.