Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Grant Stott has tweeted that his Friday night vinyl show has been moved to 12.00 Saturday, so OTB deffo not on today, I'd reckon.

Yep, we often listen to the Friday night vinyl show if we are at home (which we usually are these days), was looking forward to it last night after 36 hours of looped news about QEII death.

Seemed a bizarre thing for the BBC to move, and especially just to move it to the Saturday lunchtime.

They really have, editorially, shat their pants with this coverage - having the same shite on 3 channels and closing others down "as a mark of respect". 

I'm a week behind.

Not bad last Saturday, 

My movie would be the Wanderers

I'm not a movie person, but used to go to the pictures when I was about 13 every Wednesday with my pal, Murdoc ( now lives in LA), we both witness the opening of Ferris Bueller Day off with about 5 other folk.....then it became hit.

Secondly, went to see Philadelphia in Dundee, with my new girlfried and fell asleep

Thirdly. IN the pink city (Jaipar) was took to there biggest (India biggest) cinema to watch some shite, apart from being physically abused on the way in by beggers who were being worked by the older boys over the road., And being me.  I walked the plank and handed their gaffer a bottle of water.

Anyway I'm going on one, in the cinema, telephones were on (everyone speaking), then when a sexy scene happened (a girl with only shorts and t-shirt) the crowed (3000) went crazy, jumping up and down on the seats.

At full time, I slipt out the back door, heard it was scenes outside.

11 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I’m assuming it won’t be on again this weekend?

It's probably on, but censored.

I listen to the Ellis James and John Robbins podcast from R 5, and they were ribbing the BBC yesterday because they had all been given "tone guidelines" - basically a booklet of what they can "safely" cover, and how it should be portrayed...............

Holy smoke. 12.05pm and already, both have mentioned the double winning season, and 1991.

Would actually be better off with a pair of Old Firm fans.

I wander, how long before Cosgrove mentions the Billy Dodds transfer fee when he went from the Saintees to Aberdeen? 

Have pretty much given up on it now. I no longer make it part of my weekend. I don't look forward to it and don't ensure I listen to it.

I might have it on on Sundays if I happen to be doing the food shop at the time, but will just as likely have something else on.

A tad sad, as I used to love it, but they've 'made their bed' so to speak and must take the consequences.