Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rad Bradshaw 'have St Mirren ever played in Europe?'
Ali de Foy (who calls herself a 'great St Mirren fan') answers 'no'.

Maybe those nights watching the likes of St Etienne, Slavia Prague, Feyenoord (with Cruyff and Gullit) and Mechelin (who went on to win the Cup Winners Cup that season) wete all a dream.

5 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Maybe those nights watching the likes of St Etienne, Slavia Prague, Feyenoord (with Cruyff and Gullit) and Mechelin (who went on to win the Cup Winners Cup that season) wete all a dream.

Hammarby...

9 hours ago, NorthBank said:

I like Ray Bradshaw on the show and he seems to have a genuine love for football ie he has mentioned being on tour somewhere in England and going to a random game but that is poor.

Even if he had no knowledge of the games you mention he surely knows they won the Scottish Cup in 87 which would get them into the following seasons Cup Winners Cup

The two scoreboards I remember from the late 80s were at Cappielow and Rugby Park. I think the Cappielow one is still there, now used as an advertising hoarding although a Ton fan can confirm

The large electronic scoreboard at Meadowbank Stadium also presented the scores as A 1-1, B 2-0 etc which annoyed those who didn't buy a programme 

The large electronic scoreboard at Meadowbank Stadium also presented the scores as A 1-1, B 2-0 etc which annoyed those who didn't buy a programme 

As a child, i loved going to meadowbank stadium for a couple of games, purely down to the fact it had a scoreboard. I was listening to another podcast yesterday and Bob Mills was actually talking about the
A,B,C system they had for half time scores and how they should bring it back.

I like Ray Bradshaw on the show and he seems to have a genuine love for football ie he has mentioned being on tour somewhere in England and going to a random game but that is poor.
Even if he had no knowledge of the games you mention he surely knows they won the Scottish Cup in 87 which would get them into the following seasons Cup Winners Cup
I was more having a go a Ali de Foy. She fronts St Mirren TV every week and claims to be a great supporter being privileged to do the job. You would think some European night photos around the stadium would have given her a clue.

31 minutes ago, NorthBank said:
18 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

I was more having a go a Ali de Foy. She fronts St Mirren TV every week and claims to be a great supporter being privileged to do the job. You would think some European night photos around the stadium would have given her a clue.

She isn't, she's a Rangers fan pretending to be a St Mirren fan.

Dumbarton's A, B, C, scoreboard at Boghead also had an analogue clockface with a single hand to show elapsed time during the half.  Unfortunately, there was no timing mechanism to turn it, so a guy had to come round and move it on manually with a stick, whenever he could be arsed.  Not hugely accurate.

On 14/08/2022 at 11:12, tamthebam said:

The two scoreboards I remember from the late 80s were at Cappielow and Rugby Park. I think the Cappielow one is still there, now used as an advertising hoarding although a Ton fan can confirm

There were also clubs who announced scores in this style over the tannoy