Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Doubling down is not a good look.

I listened to the show. I am sure it is still on iplayer if people care enough to see who is right

Not to be boring but I think you're both right. They were initially referring to it in the context of indecipherable lyrics but they then did read out a few lines and derided them as nonsense. 

2 hours ago, David W said:

Alan, who doesn't like football, was the guest today. Absolute guff.

Drives me up the wall when they do this. Even back in the real glory days, the show has never worked with a guest who doesn't like football. It just has the wrong feel and makes everything awkward.

3 hours ago, David W said:

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Drives me up the wall when they do this. Even back in the real glory days, the show has never worked with a guest who doesn't like football. It just has the wrong feel and makes everything awkward.

I actually really enjoyed today 🤷‍♂️ genuinely guffawed at some things.

Switched off at 2, as I knew who eh eh eh eh was coming next, and chose to listen to my satnav instead, as it was clearly the better option.

Edited by Boghead ranter

4 hours ago, David W said:

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

On 17/07/2022 at 20:46, Wile E Coyote said:

This is just having a go for the sake of having a go.

It is, I fear, developing into a bona fide P&B trope

26 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Engelbert Humperdinck again, ffs.

How does a guy who spent his 20’s in the 1990’s have such a horrific taste in music

You beat me to it.  Utterly baffling!

4 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Engelbert Humperdinck again, ffs.

How does a guy who spent his 20’s in the 1990’s have such a horrific taste in music

Music was pretty garbo today.

E.G. overrated Supremes number again.

( Cowan sharing a broadcasting platform with a lady footballer !? )

Have never contributed to this thread but have always loved OtB and thought the Alan Cumming show on Saturday was joyous.

Like Alan, when I lived abroad I found it an absolute godsend as a link to home. Much of it is nostalgia but that's why I like it.

Tam's taste in music is rank though!

I may be in a minority on here but I still like OTB. It’s probably due to my age.

I normally only listen to the podcast version and it’s certainly not something I listen to for it’s football analysis or content. If I want that I will listen to The Terrace.

If I was to compare the sound of Off the Ball to another sensory experience, it would be the stench of stale pish and BO in the worst old man's pub in Glasgow.

Absolutely incredible that it's still trundling on in 2022 with the same tedious presenters.

On 24/07/2022 at 18:07, Zoomer Brown said:

Can't believe we are going into another season with this shite

It doesn’t have seasons, it’s on all year.  It’s connection to football is tenuous.

I'm going to throw my hat in and say that it's actually got better and more accessible to non football fans in the last 5-10 years. Also, living in England it's a good reminder of home (yawn, ab'dy says this)

Anyway as this is my first post, I await getting flamed by all and sundry and getting accused of being an alt account for one of the hosts....