Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 11/07/2022 at 10:03, Braes_Bairn said:

Must say Ray Bradshaw has been excellent over the last few weeks. Made the show much more relevant to younger audiences.

Also like someone else has said this weeks guests were very good, lots of very interesting football chat and stories.

Agreed. Love them or hate them Cowan and Cosgrove have done phenomenally well over the years to maintain such a popular show, but now feels like the right time to start transitioning, even if just on a part time basis or Saturday/Sunday split at first. 

3 hours ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Agreed. Love them or hate them Cowan and Cosgrove have done phenomenally well over the years to maintain such a popular show, but now feels like the right time to start transitioning, even if just on a part time basis or Saturday/Sunday split at first. 

It could bring in a new audience and reflect the diversity of modern Scotland I suppose:

1123598152_2fatladies.thumb.jpg.7afacbde5ea81405007f70b333b25bcc.jpg

Good programme today. Craig Levein and Craig Easton on talking about football. 
Get the fishermen and Z list panto stars in the bin permanently.
Totally agree. Best one in ages. Bradshaw is really good with Cosgrove.

On 11/07/2022 at 10:03, Braes_Bairn said:

Must say Ray Bradshaw has been excellent over the last few weeks. Made the show much more relevant to younger audiences.

Also like someone else has said this weeks guests were very good, lots of very interesting football chat and stories.

Agree! It's time to start mixing it up and bringing in Ray on a more regular basis as a co-host. I've not got an agenda against Tam or Stuart, but having another presenter helps freshen it up.

It does help when the guests are good too. Craig Levein is great value and I could listen to Daniel Gray from Nutmeg all day.

5 hours ago, Eatmygoal said:

Agree! It's time to start mixing it up and bringing in Ray on a more regular basis as a co-host. I've not got an agenda against Tam or Stuart, but having another presenter helps freshen it up.

It does help when the guests are good too. Craig Levein is great value and I could listen to Daniel Gray from Nutmeg all day.

I also think Craig Levein is a good listen, very self deprecating which is always an engaging trait to have in your locker. In complete reverse to his public persona. 
Maybe he’s too self depracting however, as he was an outstanding defender and not a bad manager.

I also think Craig Levein is a good listen, very self deprecating which is always an engaging trait to have in your locker. In complete reverse to his public persona. 
Maybe he’s too self depracting however, as he was an outstanding defender and not a bad manager.
He's a bloody good laugh. The story he told on Sacked in the morning about getting locked out his room in Europe was hilarious.

He doesn't like Gary Mackay either!!!

Tam sounding like a very fragile white man
He made a reasonable point about Ellidh Barbour actively pointing out a lack of black players in a team. There's a time and place for that chat but I wouldn't say it's for a match pundit?

I see alot of this in my workplace these days. Folk going out of their way to be seen to be saying the right things rather than being sensible about it.

I think Ellidh has really pissed him off over the stooshie at that Football Writers Dinner though! [emoji3]

2 minutes ago, andyg83 said:

He made a reasonable point about Ellidh Barbour actively pointing out a lack of black players in a team. There's a time and place for that chat but I wouldn't say it's for a match pundit?

What’s the ‘reasonable’ time and place then?

In an appropriate debating forum such as a podcast, radio show or TV magazine show not analysing a fecking individual match.

That's the problem for me. It's as if all done for show.

I am 100% behind the cause but it's all becoming quite contrived.

27 minutes ago, andyg83 said:

In an appropriate debating forum such as a podcast, radio show or TV magazine show not analysing a fecking individual match.

That's the problem for me. It's as if all done for show.

I am 100% behind the cause but it's all becoming quite contrived.

I don’t see why that wouldn’t be the appropriate forum.

Especially when you’ll have as many people as possible tuning in giving it as much visibility as possible 

That’s one of the reasons why they take the knee just before kick off and not after everyone has went home. 

No idea why it would hit a nerve with Tam that it was mentioned, wasn’t as if he was personally being accused of anything 

46 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Less than 1% of Scots are of African descent.

It's a ridiculous question. No one is asking where all the Chinese or Bangladeshi players are and those are far bigger communities.

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Less than 1% of Scots are of African descent.

It's a ridiculous question. No one is asking where all the Chinese or Bangladeshi players are and those are far bigger communities.

It was to do with the England team not Scotland tbf