Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Not sure about the shagging of 21 yr olds, but Shandon and alta-pete are your go-to-guys for mid-life-crises BMW'S...........................

I believe Shandon has trouble parking his though

BMW.jpg.8eaca5412e511154ff62520ba2839679.jpg

16 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Not sure about the shagging of 21 yr olds, but Shandon and alta-pete are your go-to-guys for mid-life-crises BMW'S...........................

My midlife crisis started about 20 years ago and is only just fizzling out. 

2 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
On 28/06/2022 at 22:48, Sammo said:
I’m not gonna lie, I love my footstool. Now when I sit in an armchair without one it just feels wrong! 

I say it helps my sore back. Is there anything more middle age than that?

Each to their own man better to lean into it 😂

Aye, the show is a much better listen without Tam Cowan.

Shame, as he used to be really good. Not sure when he became such a thin skinned baby and massive Celtic/Sevco sycophant, but whenever it was was when he should have packed it in/been removed.

Back when he was proudly anti Celtic/Rangers and didn't have social media to react to, I enjoyed Tam Cowan, and his throwback tastes were an amusing foible. 

I suppose that any show that is closing in on three decades will feel tired, but repeating the same stories and tropes, continuing to reference increasingly dated TV shows and football games and lashing out at social media criticism doesn't help, but marry that to an increasing sycophancy, in the face of a sea of sycophancy, means you have no hope of attracting new listeners and will lose existing ones. Sevco/Celtic fans have plenty of media to kiss their arse, so why would they listen to Off The Ball who may make the odd joke at their clubs' expense? They're even more thinner skinned than Tam Cowan.

Basically, who is Off The Ball for these days?

Edited by DA Baracus

11 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Shame, as he used to be really good. Not sure when he became such a thin skinned baby and massive Celtic/Sevco sycophant, but whenever it was was when he should have packed it in/been removed.

Back when he was proudly anti Celtic/Rangers and didn't have social media to react to, I enjoyed Tam Cowan, and his throwback tastes were an amusing foible. 

I suppose that any show that is closing in on three decades will feel tired, but repeating the same stories and tropes, continuing to reference increasingly dated TV shows and football games and lashing out at social media criticism doesn't help, but marry that to an increasing sycophancy, in the face of a sea of sycophancy, means you have no hope of attracting new listeners and will lose existing ones. Sevco/Celtic fans have plenty of media to kiss their arse, so why would they listen to Off The Ball who may make the odd joke at their clubs' expense? They're even more thinner skinned than Tam Cowan.

^^^ gagging for another dust up with the Lanarkshire Tony Bennett enjoying dufus.

12 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The tone of it took a real hit when Rangers fans went full cry-baby and managed to ludicrously get rid of the traditional Scottish football word 'h u n' from the acceptable vocabulary.

This was symptomatic of the Old Firm's weaponisation of the internet to stoke outrage and make giving it tight to either of them in public essentially more hassle than it's worth.

If they'd carried on with the old tone of the show, which was wonderful, they'd have been binned years ago under a howl of outrage from Rangers and or Celtic fans for some perceived slight that would have gathered arms and legs.

It's the same as when people compare the old Only an Excuse stage and radio shows with the dull shite they were producing at the end. Old Firm supporters have insisted that anything that has a pop at them has to go, and this is what we're left with.

Just finished listening.  Good verging on very good.

Get than Tam c**t tae f**k...Show fucked with his mumbling pishe.

I know you read  here Tam. PM me for full name! we can share addresses also.  No photos ya ugly fucker.

21 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

9 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Just finished listening.  Good verging on very good.

Get than Tam c**t tae f**k...Show fucked with his mumbling pishe.

I know you read  here Tam. PM me for full name! we can share addresses also.  No photos ya ugly fucker.

Dearie me

7 hours ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Ma moneys on Tam💪🏿

I'll let you pair up, and  you can bring a friend. (that last part maybe the most difficult of the challenge). 

4 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Dearie me

Shut up Tam!

Must say Ray Bradshaw has been excellent over the last few weeks. Made the show much more relevant to younger audiences.

Also like someone else has said this weeks guests were very good, lots of very interesting football chat and stories.