Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 hours ago, andyg83 said:

I am amazed that more isn't made of this. It is basically a dog whistle to the absolute numpties that follow the club.

Anyone who actually wanted to move the club into the 21st century would not allow this.

Speaks volumes about those running the club imo. Sinister stuff actually.

They can't surely rely on bigotry for a large slice of their income can they?

I mean the Cairnryan ferry is usually hotching with Northern Irish fans of Partick Thistle and Queens Park...

1 hour ago, Shandön Par said:

You could think “maybe it’s a generational thing” about the crooner tunes. Then you realise Tam is 12 years younger than Karl Hyde from Underworld. 

That's mad.

Karl was the age Tam is now when Scribble was released.

58 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Not a generational thing. Carl Cox is 6 years older than Cowan. More the result of a very deprived childhood being forced to listen to and watch shite. Stockholm syndrome.

I quire like Carl Cox...

2 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

You could think “maybe it’s a generational thing” about the crooner tunes. Then you realise Tam is 12 years younger than Karl Hyde from Underworld. 

He would have been in his 20’s throughout the 90’s

His taste in music is inexcusable 

He would have been in his 20’s throughout the 90’s
His taste in music is inexcusable 
That's a point. One of the most influential decades ever and he spent it listening to my papas record collection:-)

They can't surely rely on bigotry for a large slice of their income can they?
I mean the Cairnryan ferry is usually hotching with Northern Irish fans of Partick Thistle and Queens Park...
I don't think they need that element though. If they ditched it they could have a really good "brand" to market worldwide

What I find amusing is that he thinks everyone knows who he is talking about. Most folk under the age of 35 have no idea who Humperdink or Tommy Cooper are.

PS Tommy Cooper got a mention today

Tam picking a tune he likes and then someone with a degree of taste and musical knowledge playing him a more acceptable substitute could be a good show. He does occasionally say he has liked something someone has played, even stuff as recent as the 1990s.

The correct way to listen to the Sunday show is on BBC Sounds and use the +20 seconds skip function for the music. Both Cosgrove and Cowan's choices are usually shite
exactly what I did today [emoji3]

2 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Decided to watch some of that Francis & Josie on YouTube Tam is always going on about 

Barely 5 minutes into it and they’re talking about “chinky waiters” 

Turned it off 

Did you have high expectations?