Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

899 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Clown Job said:

They bring out the orange kits and we all know exactly who that is for, but nobody in tbe media will say a peep about it

Michael Stewart commented on it last year.

Derek Ferguson's response was that he was adamant that it was to celebrate Dutch players. Think Billy Dodds might have concurred.

He seemed to genuinely believe that nonsense too.

The conversation was swiftly steered away from the issue.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Derek Ferguson's response was that he was adamant that it was to celebrate Dutch players. Think Billy Dodds might have concurred.

You’re right I remember that, I think that was the same conversation where Chick Young suggested the bigotry had something to do with catholic schools 

4 hours ago, Clown Job said:

They bring out the orange kits and we all know exactly who that is for, but nobody in tbe media will say a peep about it

What's the reasoning behind the purple ones they bring out too? 

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

They dont like Michael Stewart talking about these things now, it all gets a bit legal.

Probably best to just keep schtum.

On 21/05/2022 at 14:00, Clown Job said:

Doesn’t sound any better listening back 

I agree with Cosgrove, I don’t respect the word sectarianism 

I also dislike when it’s framed solely as a football issue.

Ive met many a middle class rugby wankers who have these views, they just don’t sing it in the streets 

The issue yesterday was, despite The Rangers fans generally behaving themselves over in Spain, and despite the Governor of Seville, or whoever it was, praising them too, there was sectarian singing in some of the bars, and that was the fact Stuart was merely pointing out.  

For Cat and Tam to totally swerve the comment makes them part of the problem. It’s almost like it’s unmentionable.

And today Tam, says sectarianism will never go away. I’d like to think in a modern Scotland, where’s we’ve mostly wiped out racism from the terraces, with a grand educational programme and a real will from the establishment to make it happen, we can do likewise with Sectarianism 

7 hours ago, craigkillie said:

That's simply not true unfortunately. You have a decent number of fans on here who will defend the behaviour of their own support no matter what. Look at any time there's a claim of racism, sectarianism or anything else along those lines at a "diddy club" and there are plenty trying to play it down.

It might make people feel better to claim it's only the Old Firm who do it, but it just isn't the case.

Sadly that is true, I still cannot believe the racism displayed to half a haircut on here by a Killie fan. No need for it whatsoever and every Club has idiots like it.

10 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Purple and orange just go together, like King and Billy.

12 minutes ago, House Bartender said:

Purple strips to honour Her Maj? Like the new purple painted buses is London for the forthcoming celebrations we'll all partake in?

Cheers guys.  f**k them. 

3 hours ago, Clown Job said:

You’re right I remember that, I think that was the same conversation where Chick Young suggested the bigotry had something to do with catholic schools 

Chick Young ? Really is the idiots idiot. Doesn't he understand that you can only acheive unity through division, tolerance through segregation and understanding through separation. He'll be saying black and white children should be educated in the same schools next. The man's a fool.

Cowan's little spiel today is sincere enough, I think.

He will feel it's very unfair for people to accuse him of direct bigotry and that's understandable.  His 'crime' yesterday, however, was to misjudge the point being made and to apparently be dismissive of it.

Perhaps the competing pressures of running the show, played a part as he claims.  However, it's not helpful to have him joining in with the praise for wonderful fan behaviour when we've all seen film of what thousands of them were singing.

He does sound a bit rattled by it.  If that helps instil a little more sensitivity around this, then that's not the worst outcome.  

Edited by Monkey Tennis

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Cowan's little spiel today is sincere enough, I think.

He will feel it's very unfair for people to accuse him of direct bigotry and that's understandable.  His 'crime' yesterday, however, was to misjudge the point being made and to apparently be dismissive of it.

Perhaps the competing pressures of running the show, played a part as he claims.  However, it's not helpful to have him joining in with the praise for wonderful fan behaviour when we've all seen film of what thousands of them were singing.

He does sound a bit rattled by it.  If that helps instil a little more sensitivity around this, then that's not the worst outcome.  

Tam Cowan's schtick is to have "a laugh, a joke and and a carry on".

He has self declared that he doesn't have the armour to be a political operator and he has every right to expect to leave the heavy stuff to others, others that are quite clearly not putting enough effort in.

As for Seville, there is progress if we take into account Manchester, George Square I and George Square II, meagre progress but progress nonetheless.

I had the misfortune of being at a dinner last friday where Tam was the guest speaker. His whole schtick that night was to take the piss out of Eilidh Barbour for being unable to take a joke, questioning whether she'll take 'qatar blood money' for being a host at the world cup on TV and making jokes about his boaby being so long, it has an elbow. Don't get me wrong, some of his one liners were decent but 90% of his pish was like listening to a drunk uncle with patter stuck in the 70's. Time to bin the c**t off.