Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, sophia said:

A few weeks have passed since the invitation for a P&B regular to put up on the show.

I would volunteer myself but I fear my understated nature and natural reservation would not be a great broadcasting fit.

What I really think it needs is a confident individual, someone who is confident in their own voice, to step forward.

Anyone?

Ill do it, only because I want a mug.

7 minutes ago, Afc69 said:

Oooo bit of controversy there; Stuart mentioning holy water and Tam and Cat trying to shut him down. 

on yersel Stuart, mention the Billy Dodds transfer fee😂😂

I heard that, Tam is a very poor liar 

Also Cat claiming she was only discussing the conditions inside the stadium and not the behaviour of the fans 

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

There really is a conspiracy of silence surrounding sectarian singing.

As seen, if it's brought up, it just sparks awkwardness.  It's embarrassing how the issue gets treated here.

Only if its being discussed seriously. In jest its a depressing staple of the "banter" people like Cowan immerse themselves in. 

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Only if its being discussed seriously. In jest its a depressing staple of the "banter" people like Cowan immerse themselves in. 

Cowan doesn’t know how to handle it when he’s faced with addressing things like this in blunt terms in the way that Cosgrove put it to him today - he knows he’ll get shit from either side and dragged into whataboutery.

If you ignore it or divert away from it as he did today, then it comes across horrifically. Condemning it would’ve taken 2 seconds.

Edited by anotherchance

6 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Cowan doesn’t know how to handle it when he’s faced with addressing things like this in blunt terms in the way that Cosgrove put it to him today - he knows he’ll get shit from either side and dragged into whataboutery.

If you ignore it or divert away from it as he did today, then it comes across horrifically. Condemning it would’ve taken 2 seconds.

You don’t have a both sides when it comes to that. 

I did think Cowan try to deflect it slightly by mentioning Celtic fans but it’s a much bigger problem than that.

If it was a group of Scottish fans in Israel singing how much they hate Jews, I’d imagine it wouldn’t have been ignored or quickly dismissed 

On 15/05/2022 at 17:18, Ric said:

Jesus f**k, can you imagine the insecurity level of someone with a platform to broadcast to the nation, yet still checks a football forum to find out what they are saying about you so you can counter it live.

:lol:

Man, he is thirsty af.

It is getting to him !

7 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

The insecurity is an interesting point and tbf something he’s acknowledged himself on his Open Goal interviews - very thin skinned and takes criticism personally.

He does a name search for himself on Twitter