Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I don't particularly like rugby because I was made to play it from the age of 10. Specs off in the pishing rain having no idea what I was doing and stuck in the front row of the scrum too. 

Tam may be the same - there was the odd mad Council school that played rugby (e.g. Boroughmuir) instead of football. 

Which reminds me: Add Tam's football cup final with the BBs at Fir Park to the list of tropes too.  

The BBs how could I forget 😀

3 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Rugby Union wasn't aimed at people like Tam before 1995.

Aye that's a fair point to be honest. It was pretty grim to watch back then and was mainly farmers and public schools.

But you'd think they could appreciate it's a reasonably big deal for some folk. Glasgow Warriors draw a bigger crowd than most SPL teams.

He's talking shite about getting English football. Bet he watches it. 

I'm sure I recall him saying that he watched Coronation Street instead of the 2014 Brazil v Germany World Cup semi-final. Which is a choice he was free to make but don't dare  claim you like football in that case, Cowan you wee fraud !

Edited by kennie makevin
Typo

5 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

I'm sure I recall him saying that he watched Coronation Street instead of the 2014 Brazil v Germany World Cup semi-final. Which is a choice he was free to make but don't dare  claim you like football in that case, Cowan you wee fraud !

Maybe he was watching repeats of only fools and horses - the Christmas special: "Jolly Boys outing"

It’s not so much the crap jokes of Tam (he’s not going to stop now) it’s the inevitability of every innuendo/pun being pounced upon by him 10 seconds after your brain has already disregarded it as cringingly obvious and lame.  

And get the expression “good lady wife” in the bin.

On 14/04/2022 at 08:11, ayrunitedfw said:

And the story about him once hitting the wrong coloured ball due to being colour blind. 

Stunned that Tam has never told her joke about colour blind people inadvertently opting for the brown instead of the pink.

Time, though…….

Just had a listen to last weeks.

Amy Irons, I’m sure she’s lovely, but she offers nothing insightful at all. Nervous/false laughter throughout is a horror to listen.

I noticed Tam had a wee dig at her for ‘The Edit’ she presents with David Farrell. I watched about 3 minutes of it, horrific. Filled with sickily fake laughter and crap jokes.

When these presenters are trained are they encouraged to treat the viewer like morons and act completely false?

bloody brutal

Hear it quite frequently, tbh. 
Fair enough. I've lived in several locations in Renfrewshire and Ayrshire and travelled extensively all over Scotland but the only person I've heard use that expression is Cowan.

59 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

What's the story about Cowan going round Las Vegas on a mobility scooter?  Not heard about that one.

He said on one show that he hired a mobility scooter to get around Vegas (The Strip).

I think they are for fat and / or lazy Americans tbh. Bit weird hiring one I thought of you are Scottish and able bodied?

4 hours ago, eaglesham2203 said:

Amy Irons, I’m sure she’s lovely, but she offers nothing insightful at all. Nervous/false laughter throughout is a horror to listen.

I noticed Tam had a wee dig at her for ‘The Edit’ she presents with David Farrell. I watched about 3 minutes of it, horrific. Filled with sickily fake laughter and crap jokes.

When these presenters are trained are they encouraged to treat the viewer like morons and act completely false?

bloody brutal

I quite like Amy Irons tbh. She seems like a nice lass. But I get your point. 

Ray Bradshaw is quite good I think. 

Tam mentioned a Les Dawson hologram gig today and Bradshaw says he thought "Tupac" before Cowan said Les Dawson.

🤣🤣🤣

5 hours ago, andyg83 said:

He said on one show that he hired a mobility scooter to get around Vegas (The Strip).

I think they are for fat and / or lazy Americans tbh. Bit weird hiring one I thought of you are Scottish and able bodied?

I thought they were more for the elderly and the disabled.  That's a really weird thing to do.

10 hours ago, eaglesham2203 said:

bloody brutal

The Edit isn't that bad tbh - it's quite tinpot, but it's harmless TV before Sportscene. Certainly far worse "entertainment" magazine shows out there

Amy Irons is actually quite a good presenter tbf, should just give her and Bradshaw Off the Ball and dispense with Tam and Stuart as they are really past their sell-by date.