Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I still enjoy Off the Ball for what it is, always tune in on Sat. Its part of my matchday routine. I do enjoy other football shows as well.

Hope Off the Ball keeps going for a few more years yet. No harm keeping Sat OTB and doing something different with the Sunday show. 

2 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Need to be honest I did cringe when I heard Tam make a comment about Judith Ralston tits 

Can only hope she makes an off the cuff aside about Cowan's cock next time she does a weather forecast. Which might make sense than her usual efforts ( very much the Jane Lewis of meteorologists in my view, probably why the BBC love her !)

3 hours ago, Theatom said:

He was referring to a 40 odd year old situation comedy  -George and Mildred - what demographic are they aiming at ?

That and fucking Sidney Devine or whatever shite Cowan listens to.  

Cowan is 2 years older than me yet comes across as 20 years older.

21 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Can only hope she makes an off the cuff aside about Cowan's cock next time she does a weather forecast. Which might make sense than her usual efforts ( very much the Jane Lewis of meteorologists in my view, probably why the BBC love her !)

What are you on? Judith Ralston the Jane Lewis of weather forecasters? Everyone to their own I suppose. And a wee hint, if you’re ever talking about making sense, make sure that the sentence that you use that phrase in, makes sense.

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

Careless yes, senseless no. It made perfect sense in my head. A bit like Ms Ralston's weather forecasts do in her head, I would imagine.

Slagging Jane Lewis I get. Slagging Chick Young I get. Slagging Pat Bonner I get. Slagging Tam Cowan I get. No,idea what you’ve been watching, but Judith Ralston delivers her weather forecasts impeccably.

35 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Slagging Jane Lewis I get. Slagging Chick Young I get. Slagging Pat Bonner I get. Slagging Tam Cowan I get. No,idea what you’ve been watching, but Judith Ralston delivers her weather forecasts impeccably.

I'm a huge fan as well, is that what she does? I often wondered what that map thing was all about.

- Who are Francie and Josie?

- Sevco's win over Dortmund hasn't had enough coverage, so glad they are addressing the balance here...

- Sevco's win over Dortmund isn't being celebrated throughout Scotland, and isn't some sort of huge win for Scottish football, despite what Cowan believes. It was a tremendous result for them, but it's still Sevco, so they can still get so far to f**k.

- No, Celtic fans don't deserve a penny back for following their team the other night.

- Why does Tam Cowan still think that it's only Celtic fans who dislike Sevco and only Celtic fans who dislike Sevco? The whole "I wonder who he supports?!" pish just shows what a simp he is for the two large Glasgow clubs.

Anyway, turned it off now.

Were Francie & Josie only ever big in Glasgow? An act well before my time but a bit surprised to hear people unaware at who they were, like Tam referred to earlier I think most people would struggle to remember which one was which mind you. 

Cowan is definitely more 'stuck in the past' than Cosgrove for sure. I'd imagine the show simply relies on its regular/traditional listeners, I'd be surprised if it picks up masses of new listeners year-on year but they probably know that.