Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Knowing that they read this pish I'm beeling that they only revealed today that Cosgrove has been in the hospital recently.

I mean I've missed out on a dead cert pick for the 2022 Dead Pool... :P

I shouldn't joke about it because it may be serious, but let's hope the do a reversal on that humour bypass he had done years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, razamanaz said:

might quieten doon the most boring man in Europe today 

Oh, is that Wee Rose fan and his many aliases a Saintees fan as well ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'll boost his ego and mention that Tam just played a good tune- Party Fears Two by the Associates

I always hate it when they cut the length of the show or muck about with the time just because one or both arsecheeks are playing as there are alternative wavebands (FM and Digital) and as someone not particularly interested in the arsecheeks I could listen to the show for the full two hours on one of the bands and the bigot brothers could tune in to the other.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Yorick said:

I'm still a fan of off the Ball, maybe showing my age, but I enjoy it. Like listening to in background, with West Ham v Newcastle on mute.

Tam talks too much, Cosgrove introduces a topic and Tam is all over it, the guest gets an opportunity but Tam interrupts to remind us of the team of the week.  Just sit back Tam and let the show flow.

6 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

When is it not?

True - I rarely listen these days, just tuned in yesterday and felt it had........if anything........gone downhill.

Format is tired, presenters going through the motions - if it was a dog it would be put out its misery.

10 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

True - I rarely listen these days, just tuned in yesterday and felt it had........if anything........gone downhill.

Format is tired, presenters going through the motions - if it was a dog it would be put out its misery.

It's been shite since 2012.

Can you guess why?

Yep, it's a tired format now and that's a shame cos it's been great to have a prime time Saturday pre match slot which is irreverent, not OF centric and doesn't take itself too seriously. Made a real change from listening to the standard pundit stuff.

I'm just fed up listening to Cosgrove's endless stories of the apparently infamous Perth schemes and Tam's tales of Wishaw chippies. I mean, there are other clubs in the league/other towns in Scotland. Needs to be more younger now, more View From The Terrace type of thing.

Cosgrove labelling Calvin Ramsay a diver yesterday was a bit naughty; at least prefix the word diver with alleged, mate.

I love to wind him up on Twitter about the Billy Dodds St Johnstone to Aberdeen transfer fee. He’s convinced it was £800k, netting the relegated Perth side a £400k profit.  The fee was actually the same £400k fee the Saintees paid Dundee 6 months earlier but he still bangs on about it.

The show is actually better when there are guest presenters, gives it a freshness

Edited by Afc69