Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 27/11/2021 at 13:10, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Doug Allan was a good guest. A little bit outwith the norm. Could have listened to much more of him.

Interesting guy, sounded like his dad was too...

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/13519250.tributes-paid-to-dunfermline-photographer-morris-allan-who-captured-sputnik/

Here's the photo of Sputnik they were discussing on the show, taken by Doug's old man in the 1950s...

view-of-light-trails-caused-by-the-orbit

What happened to today's OTB btw? Went to listen again but it was only match commentary 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Lurkst said:

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/13519250.tributes-paid-to-dunfermline-photographer-morris-allan-who-captured-sputnik/

Here's the photo of Sputnik they were discussing on the show, taken by Doug's old man in the 1950s...

What happened to today's OTB btw? Went to listen again but it was only match commentary 🤷‍♂️

It would have been on whatever channel you weren’t listening to MW/FM/DAB

it is on BBC Sounds if you want to listen

Edited by ropy

I tried FM and Digital at 12 and ten minutes after and got commentary of Franchise v Sevco which I wasn't particularly interested in.

It annoys me when they muck about with the Sunday schedule and have OF matches on all three frequencies and OTB is on at 4 or something.

Mind you it lets Tam and Stuart watch their big teams.... Heh heh...

On 28/11/2021 at 17:40, Lurkst said:

It wasn’t on on Sunday. Production problems apparently. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Willie adie said:

I think it's far better with Ray Bradshaw

I agree

I really like Cosgrove, especially to wind him up on Twitter about the Billy Dodds transfer fee from St Johnstone to Aberdeen in 94. Stewart’s convinced its £800k - try half that figure, Stu

But it sounds like there is a power struggle going on between the two of them. Shouting over each other. And Cosgrove has commenced an annoying habit of starting every sentence like Norris Cole on Coronation St - “I, I, I, I, I, I.”

All in all though, still a good show and part of the Saturday staple diet.