Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Richard Gordon justly correcting Stuart and his guest who thought Kinlochshiel were defending champions, rather than appearing in their first final.

More calling out of pish-talking like this, please.

Which would be fine but I'm sure he said it was actually Lovat who were defending champions and then said later in the show they had won the last three tournaments. 

Absolute pish

10 hours ago, Clown Job said:

I enjoy the Cosgrove/Bradshaw combination.

Listened to a fair bit while driving on Saturday and Sunday. Harsh to say but it's immeasurably better without Cowan. Bradshaw doesn't feel the need to be a dance hall comedy act every fucking moment, and Cosgrove gets time to say what he's thinking than just trying to react to constant japery.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/09/2021 at 00:00, welshbairn said:

Listened to a fair bit while driving on Saturday and Sunday. Harsh to say but it's immeasurably better without Cowan. Bradshaw doesn't feel the need to be a dance hall comedy act every fucking moment, and Cosgrove gets time to say what he's thinking than just trying to react to constant japery.

Completely agree, it must be a nightmare for Cosgrove to keep a civil tongue whilst Cowan gibbers on and interupts incessantly.

It is no longer essential live listening for me but I do catch up with it on BBC Sounds through the week.  Saturday’s show has Stuart and Tam lamenting that Che Adams is suspended for the Israel game, disappointingly Richard Gordon agrees with them.

Tam Cowan who has no interest, that I can tell, in any sport - and I include football in that - luxuriating in his ignorance of cricket on today's 'show'.  Not funny, not clever, not in possession of a nice speaking voice. What is this tubby little man actually on the radio for ??

Edited by kennie makevin
Typo

6 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Tam Cowan who has no interest, that I can tell, in any sport - and I include football in that - luxuriating in his ignorance of cricket on today's 'show'.  Not funny, not clever, not in possession of a nice speaking voice. What is this tubby little man actually on the radio for ??

That is patently untrue and unless you are without shame, you should reconsider that particular attack line.

Or perhaps you lack the comprehension skills to understand otherwise?

Cosgrove gets pronunciations of people’s names wrong constantly. A while back he got on to talking about Kim Kardashian and Kanye West and he somehow managed to pronounce both their names wrong.
He's one of those types who even when corrected still thinks hes correct and deliberately keeps pronouncing the name incorrectly.

I had Tam Cowan on my podcast this week if anyone fancies giving it a listen. Discusses all things football, Off The Ball and has some brilliant stories from Offside. Hope everyone enjoys, any feedback appreciated 👍🏻⚽

Youtube: 

Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/a-chat-with-tam-cowan/id1570371231?i=1000539611120

Spotify: 

Cheers

Ross