Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

59 minutes ago, sophia said:

Have you ever had the opportunity to be invited on?

No, yet interestingly the coward that refers to himself as Tam Cowan would rather berate his detractors on his nationally broadcast radio show. Not only does that allow him to do so unchallenged, it's also because he knows anyone pulling him up about his "normalising Rolf Harris" or "Bernard Manning was just misunderstood" 'yer da' patter would get ripped right into him - and rightly so.

I should point out that while he's had a wee nibble at me, @DA Baracus has had far more ire aimed at him. Same situation, btw, Cowan will happily slag people off from the safety of a security patrolled BBC office but not debate with them directly.

• 2 weeks later...

It's amazing, Pavlov was clearly correct.

In the way I launch myself towards the radio to turn it off when the words "and now, time for Thought for the Day" are said, I have the same automatic reaction the the word "Greeeetings...."

12 minutes ago, shull said:

Why was there no Off The Ball yesterday at lunchtime ?

Also, Cowan and Cosgrove are missing from today's Show.

Will be missed.

"Good",  "good" and "not in the fucking slightest" are the answers you are looking for.

The guests really make the show. Without them Tam and Cosgrove's routine is quite tired and played out though Cosgrove's more topical rants are significantly more interesting and funny than Tam's tropes. 

As such, I don't know why they can't spread the net much further and wider re their guests. Whoever is in charge of bookings seems to have a very small wee book and starts at the beginning again when the they get to the end of their list of names........Absolute laziness and taking their (diminishing?) audience for granted considering guests do not need to be connected in any way to the Scottish football world. 

Pre Corona would listen to it regularly whilst on the way to H96 games. Some years back the chief coach of the HotScots (LGBT+) team was on. The amount of „stand with your back to the wall“ / „tie a pillow round yer bum“ patter was absolutely cringeworthy. 

3 hours ago, shull said:

Why was there no Off The Ball yesterday at lunchtime ?

Also, Cowan and Cosgrove are missing from today's Show.

Will be missed.

I agree. I miss the choice of listening  that they used to have with maybe the commentary in one frequency and Off The Ball on another

Thanks for that Ray.

Sunday's show was beyond abysmal. In that sense whoever said "be careful what you wish for" in relation to Stuart & Tam no longer being around was probably right. Once they decide to jack it the whole slot needs re-invented.

Was Amy Irons not on here once furiously defending her Dad from pelters from the Stenny fans?

• 3 weeks later...