Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 04/07/2021 at 12:20, Clown Job said:

I will admit, I struggle to get a lot of Tam’s pop culture references 

Edit: He really does seem to have a distain for anything created in the 21st century 

Quite , yer da , right !

Bedroom tax and the Tory policy on benefiit sanctions have literally made people kill themselves. name an SNP policy that has
Lockdown has definitely made people kill themselves.
The alternative would have been worse but just playing devil's advocate.

2 hours ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

I listened to both episodes this wèekend.  Ross did come accross well on Saturday.  There's not a fucking hope in hell that I'd ever vote for him.  I could listen to him for 1000 years and not vote for the Conservative and Fucking Unionist Party.  

Oh, thanks for that thought. Right before bedtime too.

Jim Murphy was definitely on while he was (or very soon after he was) Scottish Labour leader. It was when he’d written a football book or something. Mhari Black and Ian Murray have both been on as well.

I vaguely remember that Pat Kane episode actually. I can’t remember the remark he made, but I do recollect him saying something very cutting towards Davidson in person.

Edited by Highland Capital

On 18/07/2021 at 10:04, Ric said:

Can't think of any, and certainly not the actual leaders of a political party.

Seriously? People like you still fucking exist? What a fucking idiot you are.

Haha 

The dentist Leitch is a fucking idiot. If you fail to see this then so are you.

I can't believe "people like you exist" either who have a blood pressure spike at any perceived criticism of anything linked to the Scottish Government.  Sad b*****d 😄

For me the issue isn't that he's a politician and on the show its more so the fact he's a linesman.
When since did match officials do media appearances? Thought it was pretty frowned upon.

They've had a bit more freedom to do these types of things in recent years, and it mostly tends to be in the summer rather than when the season is underway. Bobby Madden has done a couple of bits for Open Goal, for example.

1 hour ago, afc_blockhead said:

Haha 

I can't believe "people like you exist" either who have a blood pressure spike at any perceived criticism of anything linked to the Scottish Government.  Sad b*****d 😄

Typical Aberdeen no voting Tory.  *sigh...  

1 hour ago, afc_blockhead said:

Haha 

Are you going to ignore the other qualifications Leitch has and just focus on the dentist bit I presume?

You missed "wee nippy" from your Tory bingo as well.

5 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

For me the issue isn't that he's a politician and on the show its more so the fact he's a linesman.

When since did match officials do media appearances? Thought it was pretty frowned upon.

There's definitely been a long history of officials appearing on OTB. Usually refs right enough but I guess Moray Ross is high profile for a lino.

11 hours ago, afc_blockhead said:

Haha 

Imagine getting this annoyed about someone who is more intelligent and better informed than you, all the time sounding like an arrogant p***k. Quite the double there, you should be proud of making yourself look so fucking dense.

Edited by Ric

16 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Jim Murphy ...

He is the epitome of a pathetic thirsty c**t desperate for attention. The perfect fit for OTB, imo. Loud, opinionated and a massive fucking arsehole.

31 minutes ago, Ric said:

Imagine getting this annoyed about someone who is more intelligent and better informed than you, all the time sounding like an arrogant p***k. Quite the double there, you should be proud of making yourself look so fucking dense.

Not annoyed, just find your defence of Leitch funny against actual evidence of how shite hes been.

As for the intelligence and better informed line, utterly pointless, (suggesting that as if no one can therefore criticise politicians or members of government haha) Unless you wish to admit that for example Tory health ministers are much more intelligent and better informed than you? Happy to admit that? 

I presume you are talking about the dentist above ? Haha hes out his depth dealing with a crisis in which an epidemiology background may have been more appropriate no? 

Leitch , a man who recently claimed Scotland was the covid capital of Europe because he handled it so well earlier on 😄

The fury with which you defend him is very funny. Its almost like you are one of those idiots who sees no fault in anything the Scottish Government does , now that is laughable in the extreme 😆

Edited by afc_blockhead

3 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

I seem to have stumbled into the politics forum/Covid thread by mistake.

The debate is pointless. "Dentist" patter is about as cringe the "wee nippy" stuff. 

Person who would refuse to admit the Gov handled something well critising someone for not admitting they did something badly. Sigh. 

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

5 hours ago, Ric said:

He is the epitome of a pathetic thirsty c**t desperate for attention. The perfect fit for OTB, imo. Loud, opinionated and a massive fucking arsehole.

Have you ever had the opportunity to be invited on?

I listened to both episodes this wèekend.  Ross did come accross well on Saturday.  There's not a fucking hope in hell that I'd ever vote for him.  I could listen to him for 1000 years and not vote for the Conservative and Fucking Unionist Party.  

Doesn't change the fact that he was quite funny and self deprecating.  

Agreed - I thought he was a good listen on the show mainly due to taking a bit of a slagging and joining in. That won’t stop me booing his next call at Saints whether it’s right or wrong though and I won’t be voting for him or his party. I thought the discussion was less politically charged and more linesman, or whatever ridiculous pimped up title he gives himself, orientated.