Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Let's be honest Douglas Ross isn't and never will be FM,so there's that.. ;)

We've only had 4 FMs, of those I can imagine McConnell and McLeish to be on. The latter most likely to be related to his 'Scottish Football Review' and I feel if he was on, it was not only when he wasn't FM but not even an elected official at the time as he left office in 2003 and his report was some years after that.

I think you will find there have been five (Dewar, McLeish, O'Connell, Salmond and Sturgeon)

16 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

I think you will find there have been five (Dewar, McLeish, O'Connell, Salmond and Sturgeon)

You are right. I meant to say "we've only had 4 previous FMs". I've edited my post but no probs in you pulling me up about it.

28 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

McLeish made an appearance while he was First Minister. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/1186983.stm

There's not a full list of people who have been on the show anywhere, but I can certainly recall politicians from all parties being on the show in the past.

Yeah, fair play... it even says at the bottom of the link other politicians that have been on the show, and while my contention was more the leaders of the party than the rank and file, I'll just have to accept there's been a precedent set.

Doesn't stop being being a miserable c**t any time that tory fucknugget is given any airtime.

Edited by Ric

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

Pretty sure Salmond and Kezia Dugdale have been on. I would be amazed if it was a trick that Baroness Davison of East End pPark missed but you never know.

Politicians are fine I have more an issue with racists TBH.

Not mutually exclusive unfortunately. 
The UK government is led by a known & consistent racist 

37 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

When I heard Dross was appearing I never switched on.

The latest in a huge long line of Tory c***s that Scotland didn’t elect.

He’s also a fat, *** which adds to it. 

I mean as much as he is a Tory (and his political views are reprehensible), he was elected by people of Moray in Scotland.

Pretty sure Salmond and Kezia Dugdale have been on. I would be amazed if it was a trick that Baroness Davison of East End pPark missed but you never know.
Politicians are fine I have more an issue with racists TBH.

Davidson has been on actually, I remember hearing Cosgrove or Cowan telling a story about Pat Kane from Hue and Cry being an absolute c**t to her live on the show and them having to phone her to apologise.

36 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Davidson has been on actually, I remember hearing Cosgrove or Cowan telling a story about Pat Kane from Hue and Cry being an absolute c**t to her live on the show and them having to phone her to apologise.

aye - was about to post the very same thing. It was Tam who felt the urge to phone her and apologise....

I listened to both episodes this wèekend.  Ross did come accross well on Saturday.  There's not a fucking hope in hell that I'd ever vote for him.  I could listen to him for 1000 years and not vote for the Conservative and Fucking Unionist Party.  

Doesn't change the fact that he was quite funny and self deprecating.  

I'm led to believe that Fred West was a reasonable builder...