Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

899 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Ray Bradshaw making a very pleasant difference to the show today.

Today as well.

I really like him in place of Tam Cowan. He works well with Stuart Cosgrove I think. He gives a contemporary view of things whilst Cosgrove can give a more historical point of view.

Would like if he was a permanent replacement.

9 minutes ago, scoobles said:

Frank McAvennie saying Fergie dropped Souness for the Uruguay match because Fergie wanted the Rangers job.
Very ill informed

I think one watch of the recent Ferguson documentary would very quickly dispel that nonsense. It's very clear that he's still quite angry with their bigotry and wanted absolutely nothing to do with them ever since.

Typical old firm bubble pish from McAvennie there.

5 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Genuine question would Frank McAvennie be anywhere near 'relevant' as he is if it wasn't for Only An Excuse lampooning him to the point of a dead horse?

He did come out with a good line about playing a song for the ill Tam:

"If it's serious how about 'Going Underground'?"

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/06/2021 at 12:40, RosspCfc said:

I usually like Tam and Stuart buy slavering on today about when the magic foam came in at "an age group euros" when it was the 2014 World cup was irritating 

Pretty sure the first time I saw it used was the 2011 Copa America, but your point still stands

On 26/06/2021 at 12:40, RosspCfc said:

I usually like Tam and Stuart buy slavering on today about when the magic foam came in at "an age group euros" when it was the 2014 World cup was irritating 

It was used at the copa America in 2011 as the above post says, but it was also used at the under 17 euros in 2014, prior to the World Cup. So they were closer to the mark than you were...

51 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Tam on Saturday, saying ...

Essentially if you are ever find yourself agreeing with Cowan on anything, then you just have to accept you've morphed into "yer dah" and you should start looking into buying some "comfortable slacks" for the Autumn.

McDonald is there because she fits the requirements for OTB, she is famous and she fucking loves one of the OF. She also has the "football lassie who looks like she'd be a go-er" vibe which, while being rank misogyny, does seem to appeal to a certain section within senior football supporters.

2 hours ago, Ric said:

McDonald is there because she fits the requirements for OTB, she is famous and she fucking loves one of the OF. She also has the "football lassie who looks like she'd be a go-er" vibe which, while being rank misogyny, does seem to appeal to a certain section within senior football supporters.

I imagine she probably lives in walking distance of the studio