Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not OTB, but I'm going to moan about it on here anyway.

On BBC Scotland, they showed our Cup Final from 2008 in that Cup Classics thing they're doing on Friday evenings. Among the talking heads, they had Stuart and Tam.

Their ignorance is truly boundless.  Stuart made a hopeless guess at Dumfries' population, while Tam in particular, had no real recollection of the game.  He didn't know the score from it and it was clear that nothing rang bells from watching it.  

Now I get that the game would stick more in the memory of Queens fans than for anyone else.  You'd think though, that someone interested in Scottish football, someone who basically earns a living from it, might be more clued up.  He absolutely gives yer das a worse name.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Surely most folk their age will remember the time Old Rangers threw away a two goal lead against wee QoS in the Scottish Cup Final.

I didn't even get to see the game, but it's still pretty memorable.

11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Not OTB, but I'm going to moan about it on here anyway.

On BBC Scotland, they showed our Cup Final from 2008 in that Cup Classics thing they're doing on Friday evenings. Among the talking heads, they had Stuart and Tam.

Their ignorance is truly boundless.  Stuart made a hopeless guess at Dumfries' population, while Tam in particular, had no real recollection of the game.  He didn't know the score from it and it was clear that nothing rang bells from watching it.  

Now I get that the game would stick more in the memory of Queens fans than for anyone else.  You'd think though, that someone interested in Scottish football, someone who basically earns a living from it, might be more clued up.  He absolutely gives yer das a worse name.

Nonsense, he was quite clearly playing a role for dramatic effect.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Could never go Chick Young years ago but I actually don't mind him these days. Hearing him dedicate a song at the end of Sundays show to his son who passed away gave me a lump in my throat.

Aye that was a tough listen.

Really felt for the guy when he was struggling with the dedication.

On 01/05/2021 at 20:46, Costanza said:

Tam Cowan is quite the Rangers sycophant these days. Are him and MJC the same person?

He gets a lot of work doing after dinner speaking in orange/masonic lodges.

It would unwise to bite the hand that feeds.