Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Wingers and divers mentioned today. As was guest David Templeton's dad Henry.

I remember Henry. He was a gifted winger and a fine player. And also a diving b*****d. 

I had it on at work but I am pretty sure the guest was Henry Templeton's son, David.

On 20/02/2021 at 13:33, Lurkst said:
"Has there ever been a player from the Congo in Scottish football?"
Killie have four in their current squad!

Going by Wikipedia from the DR Congo, there's the three in the current Killie squad and Dikamona from regular Congo. They previously had Michel Ngonge from DR Congo in 2001-02, there was also Calvin Zola at Aberdeen, Yves Makalambay at Hibs, Andrea Mutombo at Caley Thistle and Partick and Delphin Tshiembe at Hamilton, who have also had a players from regular Congo - David Louhoungou.  That's just the SPL/Premiership, there could well have been some in the lower leagues.

I'm surprised the question was even asked, even by Off The Ball standards.  Mulumbu was a big player in Steve Clarke's Killie team and Makalambay was pretty prominent for Hibs in the late 2000s (but not always for the right reasons!).  I remember Zola as well.

Edited by Highland Capital

One of the reasons I don't listen to the programme. If it's not some outdated (and in some cases, seriously Saville'd) "yer da" telly or music, it's the sheer ineptitude of a show that claims to represent Scottish football while knowing next to f**k all except the tired old Old Firm tropes.

The whole "petty and ill-informed" was irreverent when it first started, now (especially with the ease just about any fact is found in seconds on the Internet) it just comes across as amateurish and ignorant, as if they just don't care about the subject so long as the BBC fling them a couple of hundred a week for sitting in a studio repeating the same show.

Tam Cowan can reel off detailed information about Celtic and Rangers but struggles with the most basic of information about pretty much every single other club in Scotland (save Motherwell).

He still thinks that only Celtic fans despise Sevco and only Sevco fans despise Celtic, as is highlighted each time he says "I wonder who they support?!" whenever some bit of slagging or patter is said against them.

It's because he views all of Scottish football through the 'Old Firm' filter.