Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I can't wait for Jonathan Watson's hilarious take on how Denis Law thinks Coronavirus is a Brazil midfielder and how Frank McAvennie reckons Covid is a 19 year old burd.

Also a dig at some diddy team not realising there are no fans in the stadium.

Make sure you bookmark this page Sheriff as they will no doubt rip off your sketches. I bet they also do one with Nicola Sturgeon saying "it'll be over by christmas" The coronavirus? "No, Celtic's European campaign". 

Predictable tired pish for morons. Just like Cowan's schtick these days.

As i've said before I very rarely miss it and agree with others, it still beats the piss out of the rest of the output. 

That being said, they could maybe be doing with getting some younger football fan, another non-old firm supporter, who disagrees with them and thinks they are a pair of auld fuds, to join them.  Add a bit of bite to it. They tend to agree on football matters too much these days. 

3 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I can't wait for Jonathan Watson's hilarious take on how Denis Law thinks Coronavirus is a Brazil midfielder and how Frank McAvennie reckons Covid is a 19 year old burd.

Also a dig at some diddy team not realising there are no fans in the stadium.

Have you had a sneak preview of this years offering?  That sounds spookily accurate.

Edited by oldbitterandgrumpy

5 hours ago, G51 said:

It goes further back than that. The first issues between Rangers and the BBC developed when they edited an interview with McCoist in 2011 to make it look like he was laughing at sectarianism.

There was also a kerfuffle when the BBC suggested that Craig Whyte might not have wealth beyond dreams as reported, and that their tax arrangements were dubious to say the least, not just the EBTs but not even paying NI contributions. And the embarrassing Ticketus saga. Basically Rangers can't handle the truth and never could.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There was also a kerfuffle when the BBC suggested that Craig Whyte might not have wealth beyond dreams as reported, and that their tax arrangements were dubious to say the least, not just the EBTs but not even paying NI contributions. And the embarrassing Ticketus saga. Basically Rangers can't handle the truth and never could.

Sure. I'm not really interested, just pointing out that this started a long time ago when the BBC edited the interview.

Chris McLaughlin reported that Rangers fans at a game had been arrested for sectarian singing, so Rangers banned him from Ibrox.
They never refuted the truth of that report, simply banning him because he "painted Rangers in a bad light with biased reporting", as if he had just ignored sectarian singing from every other set of clubs fans while, you know, reporting on a Rangers game at Ibrox.
The BBC decided they wouldn't send anyone to Ibrox until McLaughlins ban was lifted. The ban is still in place.
You'll get that drunkard Kincardine waddling in a 3 tomorrow morning trying to dredge this into a 8 page back and forth about how its the BBC who banned themselves from Ibrox, FWIW, so enjoy that.

Christ, I forgot about that shite.

Speaks volumes about Scottish journalism that the harshest penalty that The Rangers can think to enact is withdrawal of hospitality privileges [emoji1]

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Speaks volumes about Scottish journalism that the harshest penalty that The Rangers can think to enact is withdrawal of hospitality privileges emoji1.png

You've been denied access to the top table. And we mean that. 

That's those pesky journalists telt. 

Edited by oldbitterandgrumpy

21 hours ago, G51 said:

It goes further back than that. The first issues between Rangers and the BBC developed when they edited an interview with McCoist in 2011 to make it look like he was laughing at sectarianism.

It was later than that wasn't it?

The BBC were out of line there and duly apologised.

It's unrelated to the ban on a journalist doing his job, which is very simply a case of Rangers flexing bullying muscles in order to please their most ignorant and unpleasant fans.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

14 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Speaks volumes about Scottish journalism that the harshest penalty that The Rangers can think to enact is withdrawal of hospitality privileges emoji1.png

He was denied the access members of the press are traditionally afforded.

It's not trivial in the way you suggest.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It was later than that wasn't it?

The BBC were out of line there and duly apologised.

It's unrelated to the ban on a journalist doing his job, which is very simply a case of Rangers flexing bullying muscles in order to please their most ignorant and unpleasant fans.

It was the 2011/12 season, and I’m pretty sure it was the first half of that season.

And again, it’s not unrelated to the McLaughlin ban. The relationship began to deteriorate at that point, and culminated in the ban for McLaughlin and some BBC Scotland journos (but curiously not the English staff) are boycotting in solidarity with him. Others are still attending Ibrox but are just buying tickets to get in.

Its not really very interesting and it’s also not new or unique. Hugh Keevins is banned from Parkhead. Aberdeen stopped cooperating with the entire press corps in 2003. Spiers also (rightly) had press privileges withdrawn at Ibrox.

10 minutes ago, G51 said:

It was the 2011/12 season, and I’m pretty sure it was the first half of that season.

And again, it’s not unrelated to the McLaughlin ban. The relationship began to deteriorate at that point, and culminated in the ban for McLaughlin and some BBC Scotland journos (but curiously not the English staff) are boycotting in solidarity with him. Others are still attending Ibrox but are just buying tickets to get in.

Its not really very interesting and it’s also not new or unique. Hugh Keevins is banned from Parkhead. Aberdeen stopped cooperating with the entire press corps in 2003. Spiers also (rightly) had press privileges withdrawn at Ibrox.

You're right - it actually happened in summer 2011.  I had it in my head that it was post liquidation.

I think it's hellish actually when clubs ban members of the press.  It's an infringement on the notion of a free press.  I think league rules should absolutely require that it doesn't happen.  

Some guest they've got on today.

Keith Lasley's missus talking about some range of clothing for fat munters, sorry, the fuller figured woman.

Fuxake, they could have got me or quite a lot of the posters on here to talk pish about Scottish football and it would have been more interesting.

32 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Keith Lasley's missus talking about some range of clothing for fat munters, sorry, the fuller figured woman.

Fuxake, they could have got me or quite a lot of the posters on here to talk pish about Scottish football and it would have been more interesting.

Has it started early today?

f**k me, minutes in..

OF love in, support for Maurice Ross throwing around accusations, tenuous guest that's nothing to do with football because it's Keith Lasley's missus.

I thought I could brave it out until Leitch came on, but I managed to last less than 10 minutes.

59 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

"Top heavy women" apparently. 

Anybody remember Tina Small?

7 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

"Top heavy women" apparently. 

Anybody remember Tina Small?

I used to go out with a bird from Niddrie called Tina Small in the mid 80s - she didnt have the mahoosive paps of the "model" you are describing, but was a lot better looking 💋