Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

899 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

But my kitchen's cleaner than yours [emoji14]
I should have known tbf because the two fuds would have mentioned being shoved onto MW and they didn't.
Next time, search for "Radio Scotland MW player" on your phone and you can play it through your phone without searching for your wireless, it doesn't even have that Sarajevo'84 quality that a MW broadcast would have. If you're out & about it's quite data hungry though.

I dare say you could do the same on a smart speaker, and I will confirm this to you in about 10 years when/if I eventually get round to buying one.

My bugbear is that BBC Sounds (£5 to RadMac) doesn't have a split frequency option for such eventualities. Far too many times Brian Burnett starts at 6pm before I can avoid him.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

I believe I'm too young for that reference as I don't get it.

It's actually a modern reference. If anything I'm too old to make it!

She's a boot who is an influencer in regard to cleaning products and has written books on cleaning tips that the wimminfolk seem to buy

On 11/10/2020 at 13:46, Green Day said:

Tam just went through some nonsense about how he doesnt "do" mobile banking and doesnt "do" self service checkouts.

Why? Because he prefers going into bank branches (must loved driving miles to stand in a queue) and loves talking to "the wummin on the checkout".

Wide Eye Wow GIF by Rooster Teeth

It's been a while since I listened to Off the Ball. Is it still about football?

2 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Next time, search for "Radio Scotland MW player" on your phone and you can play it through your phone without searching for your wireless, it doesn't even have that Sarajevo'84 quality that a MW broadcast would have. If you're out & about it's quite data hungry though.

I dare say you could do the same on a smart speaker, and I will confirm this to you in about 10 years when/if I eventually get round to buying one.

My bugbear is that BBC Sounds (£5 to RadMac) doesn't have a split frequency option for such eventualities. Far too many times Brian Burnett starts at 6pm before I can avoid him.

That problem with BBC Sounds does ma heid in too. I’ve got a Sonos and you can get MW by adding BBC Radio Scotland MW to My Radio Stations through Tunein.

4 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

It's actually a modern reference. If anything I'm too old to make it!

She's a boot who is an influencer in regard to cleaning products and has written books on cleaning tips that the wimminfolk seem to buy

Ha! I have zero interest in 'influencers' and will actively avoid any of their content.

I missed it yesterday as well.  I have Radio Scotland AM and FM saved as separate stations on my home setup (all thru internet speakers as i live down south) and both channels were pumping out a game I had zero interest in.  I went as far as looking for the link on the BBC Sport site, but again nothing.  The Sounds app told me there was a new episode last night, but when I clicked on it, it again was the commentary.

Much as the show can be grating, it's part of my weekly routine...  I rarely miss it.  

4 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

I missed it yesterday as well.  I have Radio Scotland AM and FM saved as separate stations on my home setup (all thru internet speakers as i live down south) and both channels were pumping out a game I had zero interest in.  I went as far as looking for the link on the BBC Sport site, but again nothing.  The Sounds app told me there was a new episode last night, but when I clicked on it, it again was the commentary.

Much as the show can be grating, it's part of my weekly routine...  I rarely miss it.  

Had this issue with listening via the Sounds app as well. Presumably should be able to get the podcast today or tomorrow? 

19 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Is anyone that big a fan that they look for opportunities to listen if they missed it live?

I very rarely hear it live, due to a combination of being a parent & still involved with playing / coaching on a Saturday afternoon. I wouldn’t say I was a huge fan, but it puts the time in when I’m cutting the grass or walking with a pram etc. 

11 hours ago, Ric said:

The choice between listening to OTB or the OF game is one hell of a Morton's fork. Both figurative ear cancer.

Morton's fork? That's the first time in years Morton and silverware have been mentioned together