Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cowan, after subjecting us to more of his absolutely horrific music choices, had the cheeky to call Madonna's 'Ray of Light' 'cheesy'.

It's an absolutely top tune and unbelievably bad musical tastes don't come close to it.

Also they both said that the Ghostbusters song is better than the film. A terrible opinion. The tune is catchy, if not a little 'cheesy', but the film is great!

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Cowan, after subjecting us to more of his absolutely horrific music choices, had the cheeky to call Madonna's 'Ray of Light' 'cheesy'.

It's an absolutely top tune and unbelievably bad musical tastes don't come close to it.

Also they both said that the Ghostbusters song is better than the film. A terrible opinion. The tune is catchy, if not a little 'cheesy', but the film is great!

Good range of music today, one Kids from Fame song every thirty years is acceptable.

Never listened today, may catch up over next couple of days when out walking the dog. Let me take a stab at the highlights,

Them using the word trope throughout the show, buying a fish separately from the chips,  lots of talk about some 70s or 80s t.v. shows, Tam talking over Stuart every single time, talk of how many emails and messages from the listeners there are and barely mention any of them as they would rather talk about bumholes twitching, talk about the sevco and Celtic, a wee bit of national team talk and constantly telling you what's on today's show at the expense of talking about the items on today's show. 

32 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

Never listened today, may catch up over next couple of days when out walking the dog. Let me take a stab at the highlights,

Them using the word trope throughout the show, buying a fish separately from the chips,  lots of talk about some 70s or 80s t.v. shows, Tam talking over Stuart every single time, talk of how many emails and messages from the listeners there are and barely mention any of them as they would rather talk about bumholes twitching, talk about the sevco and Celtic, a wee bit of national team talk and constantly telling you what's on today's show at the expense of talking about the items on today's show. 

That was last week

It was actually another decent episode. As I mentioned before, the Sunday show is a lot better than the Saturday one. More laid back and no shoe horning in Celtic and Sevco references.

They should ban Cowan's music choices though as they just kill the pace of the show (and are abysmal).

Edited by DA Baracus

It was actually another decent episode. As I mentioned before, the Sunday show is a lot better than the Saturday one. More laid back and no shoe horning in Celtic and Sevco references.
They should ban Cowan's music choices though as they just kill the pace of the show (and are abysmal).

Why do they have to play music at all?

5 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Really don’t like the Saturday and Sunday show and much prefer the two shows on the Saturday. Is there any plans to go back to this format? 

I think they will after the late Saturday kick offs die away (when EPL is back)

6 hours ago, andrewh said:

Why do they have to play music at all?

They have no football chat at all so need fillers. So fill it with utter garbage Cowan songs that even my long since past dear old Granny would cringe at.  I did catch an episode, could've been before the football started back up and Stuart was playing a song (Sunny song) and explaining it's back story. It was very interesting. 

You would think that given that they are on a football show and the football is back they would be at least able to discuss more football and drop the songs. Even the look at the papers feature, surely it should be about articles regarding football. 

It’s only very loosely a football show and hasn’t been any more than that for many years. Particularly the Sunday efforts.  Take it at face value and don’t expect any great footballing insight.

Edited by ropy

53 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

It's funny how so many people in this thread seem intent on listening to something that they don't enjoy, followed by posting their opinion of it on the internet.

I think its prime slot has a lot to do with that. It's "difficult" to avoid catching snippets of the show whether that is before or after Sportsound.

Really haven't caught it much since lockdown. Rarely catch more than fifteen minutes of it in the car unless we have a far flung away trip which i make fewer of these days anyway.

It's like an old toaster. It works well one time in five, but either burns or doesn't heat the bread at all the other four. You remember that more than the time it works. I always feel slightly relieved when two o'clock comes and Richard Gordon takes over.

Still the guys really are knocking on and mediocre though the Scots media may be you'd hope they'd find someone interesting to come and take it on in the next few years. It was a great programme back in the day so best to credit it for that.

3 hours ago, Ric said:

I think its prime slot has a lot to do with that. It's "difficult" to avoid catching snippets of the show whether that is before or after Sportsound.

If you are turning on at 13:55 for sportsound, I highly doubt you could find anything that irritable that you would feel the need to go online and express your opinion of it. Before that, other channels and the mute button are available. 

If I was listening to something that I didn't like on a weekly basis, I would stop listening to it and then the problem would be removed from my life. 

Strange behaviour from people in this thread who's posts seem to take the "it was shite again this week" tone.

4 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

If you are turning on at 13:55 for sportsound, I highly doubt you could find anything that irritable that you would feel the need to go online and express your opinion of it. Before that, other channels and the mute button are available. 

If I was listening to something that I didn't like on a weekly basis, I would stop listening to it and then the problem would be removed from my life. 

Strange behaviour from people in this thread who's posts seem to take the "it was shite again this week" tone.

It's the Only An Excuse principle. 

1 hour ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I’ve come to the conclusion that some people must wake up every morning wondering what they’re going to complain about that day