Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I still listen and probably enjoy it more than most on here but it jumped the shark for me a few weeks ago when they had Iain Murray MP on spouting the usual shite about Hearts which went totally unchallenged by Stuart and Tam. When some listeners emailed to complain about this they come up with some half-baked idea that they had invited him on to talk about  Hearts. Utter pish, if you are going to spout nonsense on national radio prepare to be challenged on it. Where id the balance the BBC are so fond of.

21 hours ago, kingjoey said:

You have a free rein to wander to wherever you want to go at Links Park.

We did until last season's second game when Montrose "segregated" the home and away fans, after some alleged minor unpleasant remarks from some Airdrie dafties at the earlier match.  It was a long and pleasant walk around the streets to reach the far end gate. Always enjoyed the new stand at Montrose so it was no burden.

No sure how anyone can still listen to this, it's the same shite every week. The fry up XI, Cosgrove telling some unsolicited story about when he met a famous person and he has the very annoying habit of finishing people's sentences for them.

I suppose the trouble is what would they replace it with? Liam McCleod hosting a panel of sportswomen discussing the weeks events in Scottish football?

Edited by ArabFundamentalist

10 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

We did until last season's second game when Montrose "segregated" the home and away fans, after some alleged minor unpleasant remarks from some Airdrie dafties at the earlier match.  It was a long and pleasant walk around the streets to reach the far end gate. Always enjoyed the new stand at Montrose so it was no burden.

The only time that Montrose normally have segregation is when Arbroath visit. Didn’t realise that they had it in place for Airdrie as well. 

16 hours ago, kingjoey said:

The only time that Montrose normally have segregation is when Arbroath visit. Didn’t realise that they had it in place for Airdrie as well. 

There was quite a lot of comment after the first game on P/B but it was still a surprise when they brought it in. All calm on the day! 

On 05/08/2020 at 20:48, ArabFundamentalist said:

No sure how anyone can still listen to this, it's the same shite every week. The fry up XI, Cosgrove telling some unsolicited story about when he met a famous person and he has the very annoying habit of finishing people's sentences for them.

I suppose the trouble is what would they replace it with? Liam McCleod hosting a panel of sportswomen discussing the weeks events in Scottish football?

You forgot to mention the nasal voiced, weedgie Celtic supporting Z-list celebrity guest.

Really not sure about the Sunday Supplement tbh.....

Have always loved getting back in the car after a game at Tannadice, win, lose or draw, suffering through the post match analysis until 5.30, and then having a good laugh listening to the Saturday Supplement of OTB, on the long (and usually dark and pishin’ o’ rain) road back to Glasgow.

Hope that when fans get back into grounds, that OTB will come back to it’s usual slot on a Saturday evening. 

Also.... More football, less other pish. Please!!!

Today’s excellent programme so far.

Who will play lovable rogue Gazza in his movie ? Tam “hilariously”!suggested Robin Williams if he was still here.

Tam implying that neutrals want Livi to lose today as we want an exciting “title race”

5 minutes discussing what title Myth Davidson will take in the HOL.

Edit to add: Now calling innocent Alex Salmond a loveable rogue. BBC in full effect today.

On 10/08/2020 at 00:10, MacArab said:

Really not sure about the Sunday Supplement tbh.....

Have always loved getting back in the car after a game at Tannadice, win, lose or draw, suffering through the post match analysis until 5.30, and then having a good laugh listening to the Saturday Supplement of OTB, on the long (and usually dark and pishin’ o’ rain) road back to Glasgow.

Hope that when fans get back into grounds, that OTB will come back to it’s usual slot on a Saturday evening. 

Also.... More football, less other pish. Please!!!

I’ll second this. The sooner the 5:30-7pm show is back on a Saturday night the better. 

43 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Being ignorant I had to look up Connie McLaughlin (Kenneth...)

She looks like a Thunderbirds puppet. So I'm positive it's a No from me 

Bet you won't read this out on the radio....:lol:

Nonsense, she is an absolute wid. 

Are you looking at the right Connie McLaughlin ??

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’ll second this. The sooner the 5:30-7pm show is back on a Saturday night the better. 

Nonsense, she is an absolute wid. 

Can't it be both

1106.jpg

Edited by invergowrie arab