Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

908 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

30 minutes ago, A96 said:

In no particular order , one at Ibrox on a Steau Bucharest player.

And two playing for Scotland..... one at Hampden on Peter Nicholas of Wales, the other away to Iceland on Siggi Johansen , I think

Spot on sir !

21 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

I'm quite sure it was at Hampden

No, I’ve just googled it and got a link to a Daily Record article which confirmed the match was in Reykjavik. It also mentioned that Jonson spent three years at Dundee United, which was absolutely news to me.

10 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

George McCluskey at Easter Road is up there.

Not exactly a tackle, but he also broke someone's jaw with a punch in a European game with Liverpool.  Might also have been a Steua Bucharest player actually.

A classy, cultured player and a genuinely nasty thug.

The last comment is being nice to him.

Going back a few years Johnny Giles rated the best player possessing these extremes as

Bertie Auld !

2 minutes ago, A96 said:

No, I’ve just googled it and got a link to a Daily Record article which confirmed the match was in Reykjavik. It also mentioned that Jonson spent three years at Dundee United, which was absolutely news to me.

I thought Souness' assault ended his career

1 minute ago, ewan14 said:

The last comment is being nice to him.

Going back a few years Johnny Giles rated the best player possessing these extremes as

Bertie Auld !

15 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Not exactly a tackle, but he also broke someone's jaw with a punch in a European game with Liverpool.  Might also have been a Steua Bucharest player actually.

Actually he was neither classy , or cultured

18 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

There is a clip of the aftermath of the latter assault on you tube

25 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Despite every bone in my body telling me I should hate him , I actually think he’s one of the better pundits 

1 hour ago, A96 said:

And two playing for Scotland..... one at Hampden on Peter Nicholas of Wales, the other away to Iceland on Siggi Johansen , I think

Did he not stamp on Nicholas's throat? Left both in a bad way "for sure".

I think both challenges were early in the games, back when our hardmen used to take a body to disrupt the opposition. 

Not very admirable behaviour but it did help us to qualify.

Cowan confirmed his allegiances with the reaction to that interview. His continual 'I can't believe a word that he says' patter and I don't even know if it was Craig Whyte on the phone was cringeworthy. It was an embarrassing interview and thought Whyte came out better than the two clowns trying to make cheap jokes instead of doing some research and asking decent questions. Cowan falling over himself to not fall out with his Sevco listeners.

Team of the Week from Cowan, "the match officials who abandoned the Arbroath v A*r match, for the sake of the fans".

FFS. what about the A*r fans who travelled that distance in these conditions only to find it was for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!

Hang your head in shame Mr Cowan.

I dont  much like the manky crew from the south, but they are honest fans who deserve better than being dismissed  like that by that clown.

• 2 weeks later...