Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Only caught about 5 minutes this afternoon.  Heard them sniding at AVFTT.  

I'll listen to the show every week, if i miss it I'll catch it off the internet.  That being said, it's got a bit of a whiff of Saint and Greavsey about it this last few years...  

Were they. Shaun was a guest today. Maybe the bit you heard was taking the piss out of him a bit but overall they were complimentary about it

20 hours ago, Detournement said:

2nd vs 3rd from last season and Aberdeen knocked Rangers out both cups.

5 nil is definitely the result of the day. Morton had shipped 28 goals in 12 games before today. Their defence is rank rotten.

Aberdeen did not finish 3rd last season.

They've been stuttering this season, while Rangers have made a habit of hammering sides.  This outcome was absolutely "achingly predictable", as DA Baracus said.

It was not remotely "astonishing".  

Cowan is something of a disgrace these days.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

From all the reports I heard last week, Livi could have scored 5 against the Dons and it would not have flattered them, even though they somehow lost in something that McInnes admitted was a freak result.

To suggest that Rangers (who beat Livi midweek) scoring the same against an even further depleted Aberdeen squad is some sort of stand out achievement of all the SPFL games is somewhat laughable tbf. 

Were they. Shaun was a guest today. Maybe the bit you heard was taking the piss out of him a bit but overall they were complimentary about it

Complimentary yes, but kept going back to the “do you not think it should be recorded on a friday” theme.

Has anyone noticed that Cosgrove when awarding the Terracing Teaser winner always seems to select the last entry read out

On 28/09/2019 at 23:34, Monkey Tennis said:

Aberdeen did not finish 3rd last season.

They've been stuttering this season, while Rangers have made a habit of hammering sides.  This outcome was absolutely "achingly predictable", as DA Baracus said.

It was not remotely "astonishing".  

Cowan is something of a disgrace these days.

If the result was achingly predictable then I'm guessing the majority of posters on here were predicting it and the bookies had Rangers priced at odds on -4?

2 hours ago, Lee Van Tee said:

If the result was achingly predictable then I'm guessing the majority of posters on here were predicting it and the bookies had Rangers priced at odds on -4?

I've no idea.

I don't gamble and wasn't on the thread.  The fact remains that there was nothing especially surprising, far less "astonishing",  about the result.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I've no idea.

I don't gamble and wasn't on the thread.  The fact remains that there was nothing especially surprising, far less "astonishing",  about the result.

I fu(king hate agreeing with you but the only surprising Premiership result was at Easter Road.

17 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

This equalled Rangers' biggest ever win over Aberdeen, and yet some would have you believe it was entirely unsurprising.

Yeah Funny how the odds and pundits did not predict such a large outcome yet some on here said it was quite predictable.....after the game of course.

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I've no idea.

Should have stopped there tbh.

6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Yeah Funny how the odds and pundits did not predict such a large outcome yet some on here said it was quite predictable.....after the game of course.

Yet from the first page of the match thread

In contrast to your post of shame, " some on here said it was quite predictable" before the match.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Yet from the first page of the match thread

In contrast to your post of shame, " some on here said it was quite predictable" before the match.

A ‘routine win’ for Rangers against Aberdeen is 5-0? History would disagree me thinks.

On 28/09/2019 at 17:53, DA Baracus said:

Cowan going for Sevco for team of the team, calling the result 'astonishing'.

Slurp slurp.

It was a total hammering of the leagues second best team who gave us a torrid time last season. No one would've predicted that the lambs would have been silenced in such a manner. 

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Except the vast majority of Aberdeen fans who have actually been to see their team this season.

We've historically struggled to break down defensive teams who pack the box, especially against Dolly. Saturday's result wasn't expected. 

20 minutes ago, bennett said:

We've historically struggled to break down defensive teams who pack the box, especially against Dolly. Saturday's result wasn't expected. 

Yes but teams who pack the box usually have some idea how to defend. Did you see St Johnstone scoring at Pittodrie recently. Literally 10 men behind the ball and they still scored from the edge of the box. Fucking useless.

33 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Except the vast majority of Aberdeen fans who have actually been to see their team this season.

7 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Yes but teams who pack the box usually have some idea how to defend. Did you see St Johnstone scoring at Pittodrie recently. Literally 10 men behind the ball and they still scored from the edge of the box. Fucking useless.

You should stick to posting gifs and memes, mate.  When you try to string a few words together it's clear that you're on foreign territory.