Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wilson? He’s a guest not a stand in presenter.

Nah, the female presenter talks about Celtic every 30 seconds.

No way is the other one a Thistle Fan. His constant love-in for Celtic and the other lot is embarrassing

So far we’ve had

Discussions on Celtic strips

Celtic having a fox at Parkhead

Danny Fox

Celtic Sarajevo

CR Smith football tops

Celtic - were they slagged off for only beating TNS 8-0

Danny Fox

Celtic line up v Sarajevo

That was the worst Off The Ball ever. 

So, be careful what you wish for. 

Cosgrove and Cowan must stay. 

Imagine the carnage if they were punted and replaced by bigot sympathisers. 

The past two Saturday programs have been excellent, are Stuart and Tam on a sticky wicket?

You’re being sarcastic ?

Surely ?

If not, you are a complete and utter idiot. Seek help immediately.

The BBC replied to my compliant on the 13th June after I thought Chick Chico Young was bang out of order saying that he would like to own Pamela Anderson. Here is the BBC's response:
"... we accept that on this occasion the comments made may have crossed the line and we have spoken to the programme’s presenters.
Much of the success of the show is down to its edgy, close to the knuckle humour and it is billed as the ‘most petty and ill-informed sports programme on radio’.
We appreciate that this isn’t to the tastes of all people. However, we do value audience feedback and appreciate your comments on the programme.
Thank you, once again, for taking the time to contact us."

I'm not sure I would call off the ball edgy and being petty and ill-informed is no excuse in my opinion to talk about anyone as an object. Sadly it looks like Chico will get the gig again in the future.

Maybe you should try getting your hole and it might relieve some of that tension in your arse

I like off the ball and I like Stuart and Tam. I find it relatively entertaining. I think people forget how utterly dreadfully would be if you had a couple of Old Firm supporting fannies on it.

Is “Your Call with Jim Traynor” still a thing? Haven’t heard it in ages but all I remember is shit like “let’s go to Andy in Peterhead, hi Andy” - “Hi Jim, yeah I’m a Rangers fan...” or Calum in Kirkcaldy who’s a Celtic fan for example. Pile of absolute shite.

On 20/07/2019 at 14:43, shull said:

That was the worst Off The Ball ever. 

So, be careful what you wish for. 

Cosgrove and Cowan must stay. 

Hiya Tam

On 20/07/2019 at 18:06, DuntoiRab said:

The past two Saturday programs have been excellent, are Stuart and Tam on a sticky wicket?

Compared to previous stand-ins its been pretty decent for me. Whilst I do like Stuart and Tam still the odd break from them does no harm considering how long they have been on the go for. Yes they can be quite repetitive but they can be forgiven due to how long the program has lasted.

Edited by gannonball

16 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Hiya Tam

Compared to previous stand-ins its been pretty decent for me. Whilst I do like Stuart and Tam still the odd break from them does no harm considering how long they have been on the go for. Yes they can be quite repetitive but they can be forgiven due to how long the program has lasted.

Forgiven for what? The sell-by date on that program expired a long time ago. 

2 hours ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Forgiven for what? The sell-by date on that program expired a long time ago. 

Its not like its only an excuse where it actually unwatchable/listenable. As a Saturday ‘pottering about the place’ program it’s absolutely fine for me. I usually just listen to the podcast though. Its very loosely scripted if at all at times so has fresh enough content considering how many episodes shows there have been, it would be hard to call it past it’s sell by date because of that 

Caught 10 minutes in car there where Cowan does his usual schtick of " you cant make a joke about anything these days" whilst telling the two jokes anyway.

He also uses the c***s trick of being outraged he cant tell a joke that no one would be outraged about  (in this case miserly Aberdonians) as a cover for the fact he is really annoyed he cant tell sexist and homophobic jokes.

I've always liked Cowan (when I was wee I thought he was genuinely hilarious) - but I'm finally done now.

He's not said anything that I've remotely found funny for many a year. He's also incredibly predictable.

Cosgrove I still like - but mainly on other formats rather than this.

I'd love to see the BBC move it on and start something fresh but they'll milk it for another few years yet.