Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Avid listener of off the ball. Tam and Stuart are always in good form. Having said that when Tam likes some one he has the tendency to suck up there arse. Craig levin, Steve Clarke, Leanne Dempster to name a few.

On 25/06/2019 at 16:58, Adam101 said:

The BBC replied to my compliant on the 13th June after I thought Chick Chico Young was bang out of order saying that he would like to own Pamela Anderson. Here is the BBC's response:

"... we accept that on this occasion the comments made may have crossed the line and we have spoken to the programme’s presenters.

Much of the success of the show is down to its edgy, close to the knuckle humour and it is billed as the ‘most petty and ill-informed sports programme on radio’.

We appreciate that this isn’t to the tastes of all people. However, we do value audience feedback and appreciate your comments on the programme.

Thank you, once again, for taking the time to contact us."

I'm not sure I would call off the ball edgy and being petty and ill-informed is no excuse in my opinion to talk about anyone as an object. Sadly it looks like Chico will get the gig again in the future.

Corporate  patronising at its finest. 

Neither Cosgrove or Cowan around today.

I lasted two minutes until the bloke and lassie they had on started this dialogue ...

pik featness

Peak featness

Peak fitness

Giggle giggle giggle

So if today’s show ends up being a monumental classic I’ll need to download the podcast

Neither Cosgrove or Cowan around today.

I lasted two minutes until the bloke and lassie they had on started this dialogue ...

pik featness
Peak featness
Peak fitness
Giggle giggle giggle

So if today’s show ends up being a monumental classic I’ll need to download the podcast

Thought Cat Harvey was alright with Cosgrove last night. This guy that's on is worse than Tam and Stuart have ever been.

Turned it on to be met with their 'confused' discussion over how the shoot-out/points in a Betfred Cup game works; turned it off immediately for being such a heap of pish. 

This format has been in place for years and a five year old could grasp it by now. 

21 hours ago, virginton said:

Turned it on to be met with their 'confused' discussion over how the shoot-out/points in a Betfred Cup game works; turned it off immediately for being such a heap of pish. 

This format has been in place for years and a five year old could grasp it by now. 

I get the impression that Ray Bradshaw is a Tim Lovejoy-esque “footy” fan.  

When they were wondering why there’s no extra time in the Betfred Cup group games , but they go straight to penalties if it’s a draw after 90 minutes, they came away with some pish about it being early in the season. And how nobody really likes extra time because they’ll be late in getting home , and that they almost hope the opposition score a winner just to avoid extra time.

And of course neither of the guests was remotely interested , or able to make any meaningful contribution, given that neither of the ugly sisters have to concern themselves with the group stages

Didn't occur to any of them that there’s not the same requirement for one team to be knocked out from the group stages , in contrast to the traditional cup-tie.

Found yesterday’s show incredibly patronising to non supporters of the gruesome twosome. Even with supposedly 2 Thistle Fans presenting.

The amount of times they asked if any other team could challenge those 2 was nauseating. Think only Hearts were offered as a challenger in one of the questions FFS. [emoji23][emoji23]

Trying to get Grado and Purdon to bite on their thoughts on McInnes was childish as well.

Though Hugh MacDonald was particularly bad tbh.

2 hours ago, A96 said:

I get the impression that Ray Bradshaw is a Tim Lovejoy-esque “footy” fan. 

I don't know anything about Ray Bradshaw, but the fact that he uses "@comedyray" as his Twitter handle is enough for me to judge him.