Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's lousy.

Every time I catch a snippet in the car, it bugs me.   

On Saturday there, the only bit I caught involved Tam making some daft comment that sounded a bit insulting, about someone being drafted in to add authenticity to a photoshoot, to replace the glamorous model previously in place.  He prattled on endlessly, then said she should hire one of those law firms that advertise as 'no win; no fee'.  He stumbled around unable to find the phrase though.  He asked Cosgrove for help and he authoritatively chimed in with 'no claim; no fee'.  

I don't suppose it was a big deal, but it really is just symptomatic of the 'stupid old haver' vibe that the whole programme has now.  

Neither of them are as old as you'd think from listening to them.  It really is time they stopped though.

On 11/02/2019 at 17:22, kennie makevin said:

Tam Cowan has zero interest in or knowledge of football as a sport....indeed he has zero interest in or knowledge of any sport...He seems to wear as some sort of badge of honour his total indifference to European or international matches that don't have a Scottish connection

But it's been sold as ill-informed since the beginning. It shouldn't come as a surprise that it celebrates its parochial nature at times. That's always been part of its cosy appeal to me, maybe because I share that indifference to European and international matches.

Edited by Mr Heliums

• 2 weeks later...

Off The Ball confirming that they're whipped shitebags and part of the problem with the bigotry and other shite Celtic and Sevco fans get up to by wheeling out the 'tiny minority' chat almost right away.

How on earth do they get away with this 'tiny minority' rubbish?

Have I just imagined all those times at Tynecastle with the whole away end at it?

That tiny minority must have some set of lungs on them.

It's a pile of sh*te, Tam saying keep the humour in sectarianism and telling a story about some guy who's king billy tattoo got messed up during a heart operation, really??? why even mention that? total dark ages stuff, if the debate was about racism and the guy in question had a racist tattoo would it be brought up? No, typical Tam he's only interested in getting cheap and frankly outdated laughs.

Or have I missed the point and he only told the story so he could shoehorn in something about his restaurant reviews?

34 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

How on earth do they get away with this 'tiny minority' rubbish?

Have I just imagined all those times at Tynecastle with the whole away end at it?

That tiny minority must have some set of lungs on them.

There was I thinking you were going to fess up to jambos singing bad songs for a minute.

But you fucked it up with whataboutery........

3 minutes ago, Green Day said:

There was I thinking you were going to fess up to jambos singing bad songs for a minute.

But you fucked it up with whataboutery........

Indulges in whataboutery to accuse someone else of whataboutery.

10/10 for ironic content. Enjoyed greatly.

Cowan half heartedly put the issue to the Sevco fan, and the wee neddy rat replied with "I'm sick of hearing about it, what about the great Rangers performance?!".

It went totally unchallenged.

Edited by DA Baracus

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Cowan half heartedly put the issue to the Sevco fan, and the wee neddy rat replied with "I'm sick of hearing about it, what about the great Rangers performance?!".

That what terrible but totally expected

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I put it off shortly after that.

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

They're just laughing it all off whilst maintaining the bullshit about a 'tiny minority'.

It's such a frustrating situation, there is a problem but let's get some cheap laughs so as not to upset the "tiny minority" 

Without going into detail ( and this probably should be on the sectarian thread ) but one of the deciding factors for me leaving Scotland was sectarianism directed at me by so called friends turning on me as I refused to provide an alibi when they had got into a fight after an old firm game, I'm a atheist Killie fan from Ayrshire and the tiny minority thing is nonsense.

I was going to leave anyway but that situation helped speed up the process.

Edited by stevieKTID

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Lets face it, without sectarianism, large swathes of the inhabitants of various west coast shitholes in Scotland have absolutely nothing to define themselves by. 

It's literally their raison d'être. 

100% this

23 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Lets face it, without sectarianism, large swathes of the inhabitants of various west coast shitholes in Scotland have absolutely nothing to define themselves by. 

It's literally their raison d'être. 

A lot of truth in this. It took me moving to Aberdeen to get an outside view on growing up and living in the western central belt (EK and Glasgow) my whole life. You guys don't really give that much of a shit about it all, and I initially found that disconcerting.