Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

You could knock me over with a feather right now tbh.

Missed you dude. 

Probably chat next season. 

League or maybe Challenge Cup tie involving our pishy teams. 

:)

On 1/6/2019 at 05:15, JTS98 said:

In the spirit of fairness I'd just like to say that I've just listened to the podcast of yesterday's show and thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's a great show when the two guests are genuine football people. The Dundee United fan was a good guest and the Jim McLean stories were enjoyable. There are few shows where you'll get so much informed and affectionate content on clubs like Killie and Dundee United.

This is what the show can be when they don't have some actor or musician as a guest who has no interest in football, or when they don't have some Old Firm supporting guest who knows hee haw about any other clubs.

More like this, please.

Only catch it every few weeks  but caught that one. It was better than usual. 

Still full of Cowan shouting over everyone though . . . 'BUUUUT'! . . .

1 hour ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Only catch it every few weeks  but caught that one. It was better than usual. 

Still full of Cowan shouting over everyone though . . . 'BUUUUT'! . . .

Agreed. He cuts in far too often with really unnecessary and unfunny interjections. Especially annoying when someone is in the middle of something interesting and then it never gets revisited.

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I missed the beginning but couldn't work out why Richard Tait's girlfriend, who doesn't even particularly like football, was on as a guest.

She's a woman, the only qualification needed to be on the BBC.

On 1/6/2019 at 09:51, Big Chief Toffee Teeth said:

He's a chube. We were "humped"/ "rode" / "pumped" / "shafted" etc is only a step from "raped", which, it wouldn't surprise me if he used off air.

I'm surprised he gets away with that, he went through a wee phase of using "rinsed" instead.

I missed the beginning but couldn't work out why Richard Tait's girlfriend, who doesn't even particularly like football, was on as a guest.

I also thought this was odd. Like...why? The only thing that was relevant was the fact she goes out with a footballer but surely they can do better than that?

Yes, very strange having a players girlfriend on, very poor guest.  She does have an Instagram thingy with 17,000 followers! Wit

My biggest gripe this week was Cosgroves pronunciation of the English League Cup "Carabao"  he kept saying 'Caraboa". 

Listen to this when I can and enjoy it mostly. The standard of guests really do make a difference though. What grates with me is Cowan, who has a go at everyone and everything, cannot accept even the mildest form or piss taking directed at him. His musical taste was slagged by a listener recently and he then proceeded to play us his top ten Spotify playlist, as some form of defence,  which consisted of some abysmal tunes that your granny would be embarrassed to listen to. Cosgrove made a comment that it was good to have someone who knew something about food, Tait's wife, only for Cowan to go into a rant about how good a food reviewer he is. In a recent debate of seeing your team being humped by a so called 'diddy' team (in their minds anyone outside the old bigots) he mentioned the 6-6 game but completely forgot about the time we pumped 6-1 at Fir Park a couple of seasons before. I know he was there as I saw him in the pie queue at halftime.

Edited by Joe Terrapin

1 hour ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Listen to this when I can and enjoy it mostly. The standard of guests really do make a difference though. What grates with me is Cowan, who has a go at everyone and everything, cannot accept even the mildest form or piss taking directed at him. His musical taste was slagged by a listener recently and he then proceeded to play us his top ten Spotify playlist, as some form of defence,  which consisted of some abysmal tunes that your granny would be embarrassed to listen to. Cosgrove made a comment that it was good to have someone who knew something about food, Tait's wife, only for Cowan to go into a rant about how good a food reviewer he is. In a recent debate of seeing your team being humped by a so called 'diddy' team (in their minds anyone outside the old bigots) he mentioned the 6-6 game but completely forgot about the time we pumped 6-1 at Fir Park a couple of seasons before. I know he was there as I saw him in the pie queue at halftime.

Genuinely, one of the best away performances I've ever seen at Fir Park.  Hibs were sensational that day - could have been any kind of score.

I heard a guest on the evening version today saying a friend of his had told him St Mirren fans were chanting Jim Goodwin’s name at half time. Then Cowan chimed in advising Saints fans to contact the show to apologise to Oran Kearney for this. I heard Alloa fans chanting his name, no Saints fans. There’s only one apology required here and it aint from Saints fans.

• 2 weeks later...