Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Always remember going down to pay the players wages in 2000 . A full 60 savings. My dad gave a couple hundred quid. Anyway Stuart and Tam were there and they gave 100 quid each . There good guys . Even had that motherwell c***s stand up on vhs lol .

i havent listened to it in years but used to love it. it was excellent entertainment for the drive home after the game. i liked the way Cowan would basically call callers morons when they deserved it. have they really stopped the call ins? dont think id bother with it then. they were the best bit of the program

I used to absolutely love the programme in its first decade or so.  It was funny, irreverent and original, with a pro diddy stance that was authentic and necessary.

I think the decline however, has been steady for a long time.  It's now just two old twits who jibber rubbish.  The most annoying aspect is how much they get wrong.  I know the whole self styled 'petty and ill informed' thing maybe buys them some licence, but it's just bloody ridiculous now.  They give the das of 'yer da' stories a good name.  Every time I catch some of it now, I just wind up cross.

That's before we consider the boundless sycophancy of Tam Cowan in particular.  Stuart Cosgrove is a clever guy who should now steer clear of football.

The show has gone from subversive to subservient and it urgently needs binned.

I gave up years ago as in addition to it talking about the Old Firm, it's supposed taking the piss out of the bigot brothers was still talking about the Old Firm so it was double  bigot content unsurprisingly.  Cowan was as funny as syphilis and appeared to have a Celtic soft spot while Cosgrove's put on Scottish fitba accent was as condescending as annoying. Listen to any of his C4 and more cultural programme appearances if you think he was/is talking normally. I can't believe the programme's still on the go.

I like Cosgrove.  Tam Cowan though I feel seems desperate to play the role of the thick west coaster (how many times has he told us he was born in Hamilton?) and his geographical knowledge of Scotland outside the central belt is dreadful, his pronunciation of Fochabers being a prime example.

I do like the non-football guests, but how often do they have Amy MacDonald on it?  Also, Craig Brown is another frequently recurring guest (such as earlier) and he always comes out with the same happy clappy stuff - "Aye, the old days were great", "The manager is doing a great job", "Scotland are on the verge of a great future".  He's never critical of anything.

Edited by Highland Capital