Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

895 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

* Not sure if this is the right forum, but there is no football for a week so this can be a useful distraction. *

According to Wikipedia, OTB has been on the go for 23 fucking years now! I honestly can't believe that is the case but it's been a long time, with pretty much the same line up of presenters and format of the programme all that time.

We all know it's petty and ill-informed, but is it "good"? Good comes under many guises but essentially I'm asking if you enjoy it or not.

Because I usually meet my pals about 12 for a home game and earlier for an away I don't get to listen to it really (too many podcasts to add another) so it's quite good catching it when Ayr don't have a game. 

Have listened to it since the first episode. Was a breath of fresh air  in its early days but in recent years it's became more and more repetitive, same old stories like Stuart haivering on about his wee boy appearing in a Rihanna video and Tam going on about JFK moments and the only time he has tasted Buckfast.  At the 1991 cup final of course.

The guys had more freedom in its early days, now with the insistence of the  Very PC BBC it has become increasingly bland.

The sad thing is if it was taken off air next week the replacement show would be far blander. 

Have listened to it since the first episode. Was a breath of fresh air  in its early days but in recent years it's became more and more repetitive, same old stories like Stuart haivering on about his wee boy appearing in a Rihanna video

So repetitive that it was actually a Beyoncé video his little boy was in

Phoned in as a kid to gloat when we avoided relegation on the last day of the season and Dundee United went down. This led to a few auld Arab vein bulgers demanding to know "what I'd seen my team win".

Well lads, in case you're  reading this - the answer is "more than you".

greggy.png

Edited by JamieThomas

I've always liked it and kind of grew up with it as it started when I was a youngster in the mid 1990s and it was always my Saturday evening after the football, listening to it on the radio or my tranny if I was at the game. I always loved their phone in after the games and thought it was ten times better than the Scotsport 'forum' and the Celtic/Rangers eejit phone in on Clyde.

Together Cowan and Cosgrove are good and make for good listening and their insight and views on the game are always worth hearing, though I must admit I'm not a fan of either on their own and indeed I found Tam's TV programme (On the Ball?) years ago to be quite cringworthy. He's a good guy though and unashamedly biased towards Motherwell so that's good enough for me.