Scotland v Belgium (07/09/18)

King Kebab

1 minute ago, JamesM82 said:

For the umpteenth time, they have to play teams from Leagues A or B in these dates because ALL THE OTHER TEAMS IN LEAGUES C AND D ARE PLAYING NATIONS LEAGUE GAMES.

For the 1st time I am reading this. Fine. Does not change my other points. 

Anyway thanks for letting me know. Much appreciated. 

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the umpteenth time, they have to play teams from Leagues A or B in these dates because ALL THE OTHER TEAMS IN LEAGUES C AND D ARE PLAYING NATIONS LEAGUE GAMES.
For the 1st time I am reading this. Fine. Does not change my other points. 
Anyway thanks for letting me know. Much appreciated. 
Or alternatively we could have played a non European opponent that was around our level and could have provided a far more useful exercise.

4 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

McKenna for the Israel game. There's no one of Monday. 

I think that's why he ended up trying a back four system (with O'Donnell at right back) for the last 20 minutes. Also allowed Fraser to push further forward.

6 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

In fairness we could've played someone from outside Europe, e.g. Peru's touring.

1 minute ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Or alternatively we could have played a non European opponent that was around our level and could have provided a far more useful exercise.

I don't agree with that premise. You could play Canada (say) and kid yourself on that everything's fine after a dogshite low scoring draw or narrow win. Playing a top level opponent exposes what's really bad about the team and needs replaced (if possible).

In fairness we could've played someone from outside Europe, e.g. Peru's touring.
Yep, and did it really have to be the second best team in the world? I assume other group A and B teams were available.

I don't agree with that premise. You could play Canada (say) and kid yourself on that everything's fine after a dogshite low scoring draw or narrow win. Playing a top level opponent exposes what's really bad about the team and needs replaced (if possible).
3 days before a massive game, that draw or narrow win gives the players some confidence. That tonight destroys it. I'd rather take the lift in confidence given the next 10 weeks.

Archived