Scotland v Belgium (07/09/18)

King Kebab

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Meanwhile, other teams around our stature will be playing teams they have a realistic chance of beating to improve their FIFA ranking.

This times 100. What are the SFA about. If they can find a way to f**k up they will. 

Not only do they take 14 years to woo Michael O’Neill they appoint an absolute has been as a Manager. I liked McLeish 1st tie a round until he became a traitor. 

Then to top it all they think it is a good idea to play Belgium and Portugal in friendlies.  Why not. Why not let our boys get spanked by several goals. We slump down the rankings and the morale takes a nosedive. 

Seriously you could not make this up. By the law of averages they would get something right. 

Hampden or Murrayfield ? Really at this rate Starks Park will be sufficient to cope with suspected crowds. 

Graeme Shinnie, Aberdeen captain. comes on and steadies the Scotland ship. That's the story of this game. 
Aye, a creditable 0-0 draw for Shinza against the world cup semi finalists.

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, Stellaboz said:
1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:
I'd love for someone to give the slightest bit of concrete evidence as to why they think Griffiths is international class. 

2 free kicks against England. Oh that's all he's done you'll say? Given the level of service, aye.

Lol.

2 great free-kicks, aye. 

But that's yer evidence that he's international class ? 

A failure in the English lower leagues, he's now a bit-part player in an average Celtic side and hasn't been trusted by his manager in any kind of big game for a couple of years now. He's a wee boy lost in international football and offers us absolutely nothing up front. 

I'd rather have a 48 year auld Kenny Miller back in the team than Griffiths. And yet there are people in Scotland that think he should be a shoe-in for a Scotland shirt. 

I thought there were some positives from that. Souttar had a good debut. I thought the system worked okay, until it was let down by horrendous individual errors. 

The biggest negative for me was Mulgrew. His error was ridiculously casual. Worse, he was playing far too deep as he was frightened of their pace in behind. His refusal to push up meant the other players couldn't get close to their opponents. He has to be dropped / replaced. Question is by whom.

Guest DAVIDB69
Our main striker hardly plays football and isn't trusted by his club manager in any kind of important game. Griffiths wouldn't get near an international cap for any country in Europe outside San Marino or Andorra.
And yet in Scotland he's somehow revered as a f*cking footballing genius. 
We need to get an honest grip on the standard of our players and what's expected of them. 

The brilliant free kicks are probably good enough for 25 caps that’s the way it works with the selection policy.

People talk about our defensive problems but for me forwards are our biggest problem

8 minutes ago, welldaft said:

This times 100. What are the SFA about. If they can find a way to f**k up they will. 

Not only do they take 14 years to woo Michael O’Neill they appoint an absolute has been as a Manager. I liked McLeish 1st tie a round until he became a traitor. 

Then to top it all they think it is a good idea to play Belgium and Portugal in friendlies.  Why not. Why not let our boys get spanked by several goals. We slump down the rankings and the morale takes a nosedive. 

Seriously you could not make this up. By the law of averages they would get something right. 

Hampden or Murrayfield ? Really at this rate Starks Park will be sufficient to cope with suspected crowds. 

For the umpteenth time, they have to play teams from Leagues A or B in these dates because ALL THE OTHER TEAMS IN LEAGUES C AND D ARE PLAYING NATIONS LEAGUE GAMES.

8 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

I thought there were some positives from that. Souttar had a good debut. I thought the system worked okay, until it was let down by horrendous individual errors. 

The biggest negative for me was Mulgrew. His error was ridiculously casual. Worse, he was playing far too deep as he was frightened of their pace in behind. His refusal to push up meant the other players couldn't get close to their opponents. He has to be dropped / replaced. Question is by whom.

McKenna for the Israel game. There's no one for Monday. 

It wasn't that long ago that we were disappointed to draw with Belgium at Hampden.

We have regressed massively since then and Belgium have turned into one of the worlds top sides. We just aren't bringing through any good players really and I don't know how it will ever change?

We have been a minnow side since 2000 and a few fluke results against France doesn't mean change anything. Time to seriously invest in facilities and development or watch us keep falling down the rankings.

Archived