Meal Deals

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Lidl:

22p - sandwich baguette

£1.30 - Fresh humous

19p- bottle of water

Corner shop for:

40p - 2 packs of Space Raiders.

£2.11 and you've a lunch fit for a king. 

Catman of Greenock eats better than that.

Greggs mexican baguette is now in their meal deal but tragically there is no snack and its now up to 3.10

I like that Tesco do the breakfast triple in their meal deal and often i'll get my treebor extra strong mints so a simple 3 quid lunch time purchase lasts for days.

7 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Tesco do decent real meal* deals.

They do a Tesco Finest Chardonnay that is well worth the £7; so if you buy it as part of a meal deal you're getting the food (a starter, main and dessert) for £3.

* i.e. not a sandwich and bag of crisps; real food, often served at a table.

So you are paying 10 quid for a 7 pound bottle of wine with a free side of overly greasy microwave food

What was everyone’s meal day today?

For my final meal deal of the week I went to Tesco and opted for:

A chicken and bacon wrap

Tropicana orange (smooth)

Butterkist toffee popcorn (quite a poor choice but you live and learn)

Over to you.

Surprised at the lack of Morrisons love in bar a couple of posters. The salad boxes are class and the option of millionaire shortbread as a snack puts Morrisons just ahead of Tesco for me.
Sainsburys firmly in last place for me mainly because on at least 3 occasions I've boarded a train looking forward to my pasta pot only to remember that they don't fucking supply you with forks in the packaging and instead you have to pick up a separate fork in the store. Tory antics!

Morrison’s is quality there’s just not enough of them about.

8 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Recently discovered Dr Pepper. f**k me is there a lot of sugar in it but fire in some ice, limes and fresh cherries and you have yourself a very tasty beverage. 

Greenied for the truth.

Got my Tesco deal to £5.50 today - chicken club, beef hula hoops and one of those awful berry vitamin "milkshake"-esque drinks

48 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Morrison’s is quality there’s just not enough of them about.

They are utter shit compared to the goodness that was Safeway, everything you want from a store and a little bit more.

This.
Sandwich itself was £3 so you were laughing right away.
add in a Taste The Difference chocolate brownie and a coke and you were saving about £3. Great days.
Sainsbury went from top of the meal deal league to relegation fodder overnight....

Honourable mention for the co-op as the glass Barrs bottles are in the meal deal.... Sandwich choices still decent too.

Tesco sausage, bacon and egg triple (it's something like that anyway) in your meal deal takes some beating.

6 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Greggs mexican baguette is now in their meal deal but tragically there is no snack and its now up to 3.10

I like that Tesco do the breakfast triple in their meal deal and often i'll get my treebor extra strong mints so a simple 3 quid lunch time purchase lasts for days.

We may need a separate topic for the Greggs Mexican baguette. An utterly glorious sandwich, made even better if you give it a couple of minutes in the George Foreman grill

12 hours ago, Tenkay said:

I've just hud a wee curry for lunch. 

I supplemented this with a pint of Tennants lager and  also went and got a  packet of  condoms for the weekend.

Planning a posh w**k?

The sandwich selection in Sainsbury's is pish. I'm a big fan of the Greggs soup and savoury deal.

I'll echo a few points here. Lack of morrisons stores in Central areas is baws, because their deal is outrageous on the value And quality fronts.

Why is a Mexican baguette deal, 10p more expensive than any other? I usually go ham and cheese, latte and throw in a sausage roll for £3.95. Was £3.90 till the other week when the rolls went up 5p. Anyway, that's not the point, I clearly need to try one of these Mexican delights.

As for tesco, no way. Never.

It has f**k all sugar in it now just like every other drink except Coke and Pepsi.
Every drinks maker has reformulated screwing up the governments sugar tax spending plans, it's backfired spectacularly on the fascist c***s.
doesnt stop it tasting sweet

Adam, I'm never on the desktop version of P&B & can't see signatures on the App, where does your signature come from? I vaguely remember it, but none of the details.

Was some Alloa fan threatening to sue P&B over a banning or something. I thought it was absolutely hilarious, imagine getting into that sort of state over something like that?

We may need a separate topic for the Greggs Mexican baguette. An utterly glorious sandwich, made even better if you give it a couple of minutes in the George Foreman grill

that sounds amazing. lunch today is sorted

eta think ill fire some extra jalapenos in. sounds a sure fire way to improve an already amazing piece