Meal Deals

3 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Tesco do about three sandwiches that don't have mayonnaise in them. Needs more variety. 

Fucking hell. Moan moan moan.

2 hours ago, drs said:

Tesco Chicken Club, Bottle of Dr Pepper and a Grab Bag of Beef Hula Hoops, the best £3 you'll ever spend.

8 year olds have been known to phone social services on their own parents upon finding Dr Pepper and Beef Hula Hoops in their packed lunch.

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'd rather have watery shite on a piece than mayonnaise. 

Sick freak.

2 hours ago, drs said:

Red dotted for dissing the Doctor. Best carbonated drink on sale in Scotland.

Red dotted for “dissing the Doctor”. Seriously though, Dr Pepper is fucking awful! ^_^

30 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Greeny for the Tesco Chicken Caeser wrap. Probably the best mayo I've ever tasted.

My lunchtime meal deal of choice is the Tesco Chicken & Bacon sub, a packet of Salt & Vinegar crisps and a bottle of Tropicana. The peppery mayo on the sub is tremendous! 

Edited by 8MileBU

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

My friend and I have a wee game where we try to get the best value for money for your £3 Tesco meal deal. 

Unfortunately for him, he's a veggie, and the meat-based "main courses" tend to be pricier. 

Therefore, I  was winning for a long time with this effort, not least cos I found some smoothie stuff that, despite not being that nice, cost nearly £3 in itself. 

image.png.a19ca0c97807dee3b573a4ffe390a535.png

That was until the other day when he got the same deal but found a pack of crisps that were 5p more expensive (suspiciously, he didn't send me a receipt though).

So the current best is £5.90. For the record, couldn't even tell you what I bought - it's all about the getting the most VFM even if your lunch is bowfing. 

Which smoothie are you getting that's 2.40? I thought the dearest were the Naked ones at 2.36.

1 minute ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

I went into the Boots at the top of Buchanan Street a few weeks back, only to discover that it's essentially a sandwich shop. Is the Boots meal deal actually any good? 

£3.50 and not as good as Tesco's deal. Better than Sainsbury'.

in Marks and Spencer, the nosh is good, but sometimes not clear what items are in the deal.

Yeah I hate the limitations places like M&S, Sainsburys etc. are placing on the meal deal. Just get absolutely everything tanned in the meal deal, the oddball c***s getting a plain ham (no mayo) can subsidise the rest of us who are taking the piss for our £3. £3.50 meal deals can f**k off as well.

Sainsburys used to have their finest sandwiches in deal, they were the Kings at the time. Fucking idiots changing it.

As for the Boots one, it's been a while since I had one, but the wee Mars bar crispy cake they do is sensational. It made the rather bland sandwiches well worth it. You can make decent savings on their fancy juices too.

The only deal I reguraly use now is Greggs, simply so I can get lunch and a coffee without spending a fortune everyday. Baguette, coffee £3.

Morrisons is pretty good too, their finer sandwiches are Dece and as mentioned above, 'salad boxes'.

Sainsburys used to have their finest sandwiches in deal, they were the Kings at the time. Fucking idiots changing it.

One thing I found in Sainsbury that beats any other supermarkets version of the same thing, is their scotch egg. Coated with wholemeal breadcrumb as opposed to the usual white. A simple but sensational switcharoo.

Unfortunately not part of a meal deal so they can go f**k themselves.

Not convinced by the Tesco love-in. Their only snack options are crisps or a bar of chocolate.

Co-op, Boots and Morrison’s are decent.

OneStop is exceptional though - wide range of sandwiches and the snacks include pies, sausage rolls, chicken bites, porridge pots etc. I only know of one shop they have on George St but it’s worth the visit for the meal deal alone.

36 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Basically any meal deal which includes McCoys crisps can’t go wrong as all other crisps are pale imitations 

Agreed. But the lack of Chilli McCoys in most stores is a cause for concern. 

And for fans of multi-pack crisps. Why do you NEVER get Chilli McCoy crisps in multi-packs? They even produce these abominations where they use the Chilli McCoy colour to offload myopic punters into buying their shitey "who gives a f**k" Chargrilled Chicken cobbler crisps. 

mccoys_1.jpg

And for fans of multi-pack crisps. Why do you NEVER get Chilli McCoy crisps in multi-packs? They even produce these abominations where they use the Chilli McCoy colour to offload myopic punters into buying their shitey "who gives a f**k" Chargrilled Chicken cobbler crisps. 
mccoys_1.jpg&key=a9bcacd386f7563099a8f8a36665e2f1d3f83f837f33eb6e5d7566bfa74f62b8

7038ED1E-CFAA-4827-8889-228438710861-971-00000077689E6A2D.jpg

47 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

mccoys_1.jpg

As a tax dodging layabout at Aberdeen Uni I used to enjoy a packet of chilli McCoys with a pint. One day my mate said he'd heard a rumour from a company rep that they were withdrawing chilli McCoys. So for weeks after we ate nothing but chilli McCoys until we realised it was probably a subtle ploy to sell more of them in the North East of Scotland..