Meal Deals

On 30/08/2019 at 21:11, booo267 said:

Hi!

I want to recommend really tasty Link fried

Delicious and easy to prepare chicken)

air-fryer-chicken-breast-02-vertical-768x929.jpg

Why is there a huge ramekin of yogurt/sour cream & another ramekin of melted butter?

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I saw on Facebook that respected publication ‘The Tab’ ran a poll for Britain’s ultimate meal deal, with the results as follows:

Main: Chicken and Bacon sandwich

Snack: Walkers Sensations crisps

Drink: Naked Smoothie

I wouldn’t stray too far from that myself tbh, decent choices overall. In saying that, I noticed that ‘still water’ was top ten in the drinks category. What a total waste of your meal deal drink IMO. 

On 05/01/2021 at 02:53, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I saw on Facebook that respected publication ‘The Tab’ ran a poll for Britain’s ultimate meal deal, with the results as follows:

Main: Chicken and Bacon sandwich

Snack: Walkers Sensations crisps

Drink: Naked Smoothie

I wouldn’t stray too far from that myself tbh, decent choices overall. In saying that, I noticed that ‘still water’ was top ten in the drinks category. What a total waste of your meal deal drink IMO. 

That was pretty much my meal deal today, although I went for the chicken, bacon AND stuffing sandwich (and I chose that over a triple decker, even though it was 25p dearer, thus going against my MO). 

image.png.9112d6efb4f4cdcd19b74486e39c439c.png

In fact, I could have smashed my record out the park if I'd also bought coconut water - which would have brought the individual total to £6.50. But who the f**k wants to drink coconut water?

It does lead me to ask though... are Tesco's losing money hand over fist every time you max out your meal deal, or are we just getting super ripped-off if we buy any of the items individually?

21 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

That was pretty much my meal deal today, although I went for the chicken, bacon AND stuffing sandwich (and I chose that over a triple decker, even though it was 25p dearer, thus going against my MO). 

In fact, I could have smashed my record out the park if I'd also bought coconut water - which would have brought the individual total to £6.50. But who the f**k wants to drink coconut water?

It does lead me to ask though... are Tesco's losing money hand over fist every time you max out your meal deal, or are we just getting super ripped-off if we buy any of the items individually?

Excellent meal deal mate, thanks for posting. An interesting question you pose, I’d like to see some analysis regarding that. 

14 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

The Tab has to be doing paid propaganda for the commute with this sort of stuff. The best outcome of the pandemic is the death of the meal deal and places like Pret.

Incorrect, the Tesco meal deal will live on, whether you like it or not. The Tesco next to my house has been doing a roaring trade in terms of meal deals, the sandwiches are flying off the shelves. Pret I’ll give you as it’s a terrible shop for wankers.

Incorrect, the Tesco meal deal will live on, whether you like it or not. The Tesco next to my house has been doing a roaring trade in terms of meal deals, the sandwiches are flying off the shelves. Pret I’ll give you as it’s a terrible shop for wankers.

I hear this and totally understand why Brits get mocked all day online by Euros for our eating habits. Cúrsed stuff.

ASDA are absolute shitehawks for not offering a meal deal. And their mealy mouthed excuse that their produce is 'competitively priced' against meal deals is pish.

What's the Lidl selection like? Recently moved house and those are the two stores within walking distance from work.

31 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Er, mods, please.

7 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I hear this and totally understand why Brits get mocked all day online by Euros for our eating habits. Cúrsed stuff.

Seems like they’ve got too much time on their hands. Potentially a factor as to why we’ve won two world wars and they’re sitting at a current score of ZILCH world wars. 

Seems like they’ve got too much time on their hands. Potentially a factor as to why we’ve won two world wars and they’re sitting at a current score of ZILCH world wars. 

I think it does comes down to how much time we’re allocating ourselves for lunch.

I think it does comes down to how much time we’re allocating ourselves for lunch.
We even have fittingly cringeworthy patter for our refusal to take our legally entitled breaks....Shite like "dining al desko"

Anyway, unpopular opinion/meal deal crossover. Chicken and Bacon pieces are a bit shit because cold bacon is shit.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I expected this, but not from the guy who knows I know where he lives.....

You'd never get by the traps.  Walking up my drive is like the opening sequence of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Admittedly, the slowly closing stone door wouldn't pose as much of a threat to you. 

1 minute ago, KnightswoodBear said:

You'd never get by the traps.  Walking up my drive is like the opening sequence of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Admittedly, the slowly closing stone door wouldn't pose as much of a threat to you. 

@Hedgecutter will have been as far as just outside the bedroom window. Il get advice off him. 

9 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I doubt it. I think if you forced most Scottish people to have more time for lunch it would merely result in an extra few bags of sweets eaten.