Meal Deals

On 07/09/2018 at 17:53, invergowrie arab said:

Greggs mexican baguette is now in their meal deal but tragically there is no snack and its now up to 3.10

I like that Tesco do the breakfast triple in their meal deal and often i'll get my treebor extra strong mints so a simple 3 quid lunch time purchase lasts for days.

16 hours ago, Paris Hilltoon said:

I'll echo a few points here. Lack of morrisons stores in Central areas is baws, because their deal is outrageous on the value And quality fronts.

Why is a Mexican baguette deal, 10p more expensive than any other? I usually go ham and cheese, latte and throw in a sausage roll for £3.95. Was £3.90 till the other week when the rolls went up 5p. Anyway, that's not the point, I clearly need to try one of these Mexican delights.

As for tesco, no way. Never.

Bought two Mexican chicken baguette meals last week in two different Glasgow city centre Greggs and it was £3. Yous are being bumped.

2 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
29 minutes ago, bernardblack said:
A double wispa is in the Tesco meal deal but a regular one is not. I love this country

whats a double wispa? never heard of one and a Google search doesn't bring anything up

One of these...

5b9419536b96f_ScreenShot2018-09-08at19_47_26.png.6c6c63403c5c898bf72a184e03663b45.png

...basically two wispa bars.

One of these...
5b9419536b96f_ScreenShot2018-09-08at19_47_26.png.6c6c63403c5c898bf72a184e03663b45.png
...basically two wispa bars.
ive never seen them before. havent had a wispa in years so have never been looking for it
One Wispa bar is 36 grams. A Wispa Duo is 51 grams. 
whats the price difference? likely paying 50p more for 15g

I usually have meal deal free weekends so will report back on Monday afternoon. Although I got one of these in a meal deal recently and it was actually pretty good and complemented my Chicken Salad sandwich nicely. Quite often I really want a Mac B strawberry and kiwi water but it seems such a waste to get a 60p drink as part of the meal deal.

EF7F6CFB-DFE3-4AC2-9791-E075EDDF7D7B.jpeg.0fb619ddf0fcbbaf55dbd58f3bdf7fb9.jpeg

"A meal Deal"  I ruddy love it!   It has alliteration and everything.    The idea being you're getting a deal on a meal.    

On my binge day off my Quavers diet I like to visit Ocean Terminal cinema for luncheon.    The beauty is because they've foolishly placed the food outlet before you show ticket, you can grab yourself a tasty bargain and patch the cinema visit.   I do it; I'm sure others do.    

Last week I grabbed a hot dog/ juice meal deal and still get change from a tenner!    

Then I returned to the car and listened to the very best of Del Amitri.    

On 06/09/2018 at 22:16, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Agreed. But the lack of Chilli McCoys in most stores is a cause for concern. 

And for fans of multi-pack crisps. Why do you NEVER get Chilli McCoy crisps in multi-packs? They even produce these abominations where they use the Chilli McCoy colour to offload myopic punters into buying their shitey "who gives a f**k" Chargrilled Chicken cobbler crisps. 

mccoys_1.jpg

I remember we once managed to pick up a box of 24 grab bag chilli mccoys from bookers once for a fiver. Neither of us had actually tried them before but it was one of those batches with a ton of flavouring on them. Think we ate them all in the space of about three days. Fucking marvelous!

The wee tesco garage along from us sells them as single bags luckily so my meal deal choice is normally the falafel and hummus wrap, mccoys chilli crisps and a smoothie/diet irn bru. Tesco also do some really nice veggie sandwiches that aren't part of the meal deal sadly.

Edited by Rizzo

4 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

I remember we once managed to pick up a box of 24 grab bag chilli mccoys from bookers once for a fiver. Neither of us had actually tried them before but it was one of those batches with a ton of flavouring on them. Think we ate them all in the space of about three days. Fucking marvelous!

The wee tesco garage along from us sells them as single bags luckily so my meal deal choice is normally the falafel and hummus wrap, mccoys chilli crisps and a smoothie/diet irn bru. Tesco also do some really nice beggoe sandwiches that aren't part of the meal deal sadly.

You're quite right. What I love most about McCoys is the "lucky bag" you occasionally get that are jam packed with flavour. Of course - I've also had the odd packet where the flavour is completely absent. Is it worth it the gamble?

Yes. 

Not least cos when you're tucking in to your double flavoured packet of Chilli McCoys, you can be safe in the knowledge that some poor sod is chowing down on a flavourless packet. 

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

You're quite right. What I love most about McCoys is the "lucky bag" you occasionally get that are jam packed with flavour. Of course - I've also had the odd packet where the flavour is completely absent. Is it worth it the gamble?

Yes. 

Not least cos when you're tucking in to your double flavoured packet of Chilli McCoys, you can be safe in the knowledge that some poor sod is chowing down on a flavourless packet. 

Indeed, and I'm not sorry to say I did take a photo of a few of the crisps to keep as a lasting tribute to the "Bookers fiver box" and all its glory. Sadly I seem to have lost them which I'll need a bit of time to process and accept.

7 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Yes. 

Found in Tesco Camelon today, not sure what the other flavours are like.

20180909_162756.jpg

I’ve just purchased a meal deal.

From Boots.

It cost me £3.39. This is probably worse than if it cost £3.50 because if you were to pay by cash you would likely be left with an irritating amount of change.

I have opted for a Southern Fried Chicken wrap, a bag of Walkers Sensations Thai Sweet Chilli and a bottle of San Pellegrino sparkling water. I would have got juice instead, however I’m trying to improve my daily intake of water. I’ve chosen sparkling for a bit of exciting fizz.

42 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I’ve just purchased a meal deal.

From Boots.

It cost me £3.39. This is probably worse than if it cost £3.50 because if you were to pay by cash you would likely be left with an irritating amount of change.

I have opted for a Southern Fried Chicken wrap, a bag of Walkers Sensations Thai Sweet Chilli and a bottle of San Pellegrino sparkling water. I would have got juice instead, however I’m trying to improve my daily intake of water. I’ve chosen sparkling for a bit of exciting fizz.

Sparkling water is disgusting, you should be ashamed of yourself.