Meal Deals

Right lads, let’s talk about meal deals. No idea if there’s been a thread on this before, but even if so we need a new one as it’s an important topic.

Whats your favourite meal deal and where from? I get a meal deal most days of the week because I’m lazy as f**k. I need to sort myself out but it’s convenient and I enjoy it. I’m looking for more suggestions.

Today I had a great meal deal. I went to Tesco and had a roast chicken, pesto, salad and tomato which has to be one of the top supermarket sandwich options out there. I supplemented this with an Innocent seriously strawberry smoothie and a packet of flame grilled steak McCoy’s. It was excellent. 

Sainsburys surely has the worst meal deal out there. Absolutely terrible options if you want more than just plain ham. I would rank Tesco pretty highly. They do an excellent chicken club and have a decent range of wrap options. Jamamafegan has tried to extol the virtues of co-op but I’ve been unimpressed. 50p and a poorer selection and quality IMO.

Tesco Chicken Club, Bottle of Dr Pepper and a Grab Bag of Beef Hula Hoops, the best £3 you'll ever spend.

2 minutes ago, drs said:

Tesco Chicken Club, Bottle of Dr Pepper and a Grab Bag of Beef Hula Hoops, the best £3 you'll ever spend.

I like your sandwich option but you’ve let yourself down with the sides. Beef hula hoops ffs, are you a toddler?

VFM with the Hula Hoops, cant beat a good crunch and beef smelling fingers.

25 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

That’s the only way they can shift Dr Pepper IMO 

Red dotted for dissing the Doctor. Best carbonated drink on sale in Scotland.

Edited by drs

The Tesco chicken club is in a different league compared to the rest of the shite they sell in supermarkets, an incredible piece of mass produced sandwich artistry

Sour cream and black pepper sunbites and sprite to compliment it, though. Dr Pepper is for masochists.

My friend and I have a wee game where we try to get the best value for money for your £3 Tesco meal deal. 

Unfortunately for him, he's a veggie, and the meat-based "main courses" tend to be pricier. 

Therefore, I  was winning for a long time with this effort, not least cos I found some smoothie stuff that, despite not being that nice, cost nearly £3 in itself. 

image.png.a19ca0c97807dee3b573a4ffe390a535.png

That was until the other day when he got the same deal but found a pack of crisps that were 5p more expensive (suspiciously, he didn't send me a receipt though).

So the current best is £5.90. For the record, couldn't even tell you what I bought - it's all about the getting the most VFM even if your lunch is bowfing. 

2 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

My friend and I have a wee game where we try to get the best value for money for your £3 Tesco meal deal. 

Unfortunately for him, he's a veggie, and the meat-based "main courses" tend to be pricier. 

Therefore, I  was winning for a long time with this effort, not least cos I found some smoothie stuff that, despite not being that nice, cost nearly £3 in itself. 

image.png.a19ca0c97807dee3b573a4ffe390a535.png

That was until the other day when he got the same deal but found a pack of crisps that were 5p more expensive (suspiciously, he didn't send me a receipt though).

So the current best is £5.90. For the record, couldn't even tell you what I bought - it's all about the getting the most VFM even if your lunch is bowfing. 

Aye if you get a Chicken Club, one of those naked smoothies and an expensive bag of crisps you could smash that record.

If I'm trying not to be a fat c**t then I'll normally get a sandwich, diet drink and one of the low calorie chocolate bars from Boots, if I feel like being a fat c**t it'll be a trip to Tesco for a Chicken Ceaser wrap, a Boost and a bottle of Orange Lucozade.

44 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

If I'm trying not to be a fat c**t then I'll normally get a sandwich, diet drink and one of the low calorie chocolate bars from Boots, if I feel like being a fat c**t it'll be a trip to Tesco for a Chicken Ceaser wrap, a Boost and a bottle of Orange Lucozade.

Greeny for the Tesco Chicken Caeser wrap. Probably the best mayo I've ever tasted.

Edited by Louis Litt

Morrisons' meal deal includes a medium salad box (instead of a sandwich) that you fill yourself at the salad bar. Cram in as much as you can then go to a self service checkout.

They have an interesting view of what constitutes salad too - you can get onion bhajis usually.

I went to the shop  at lunchtime and picked a pretty rank BLT sandwich.  Later Noticed it had yesterday's date on it.

So I went to the customer service desk and said to the lassie; "I  refuse to eat this sandwich. Will you get the manager please?

She says, "There’s no point. He'll  no eat it, either!".