Glenafton v Bankies 8th Sept 18

BANKIEBILL

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glenafton have a very small unsavoury fanbase. They usually show up when the giro has paid out and the buckie is on free flow.

Clydebank too have a certain section of the "we are better than the juniors brigade" consisting of middle-aged angry men with anger issues.

Toxic mix tbh

7 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:

Glenafton have a very small unsavoury fanbase. They usually show up when the giro has paid out and the buckie is on free flow.

Clydebank too have a certain section of the "we are better than the juniors brigade" consisting of middle-aged angry men with anger issues.

Toxic mix tbh

Ha ha should be interesting tomorrow

2 hours ago, Southside Bankie said:

Bit depressing that a straightforward request from Bankiebill, in perfectly friendly terms,  descends into the petty sniping that infects numerous P&B threads. Never had any problems at Glenafton ( or any other junior ground, be it Ayrshire or elsewhere) in the half dozen or so times I have visited. My only issue with Loch Park is that we don't often come away with a win. I'll be there regardless of the weather. With regard to communication think a brief explanation from Glenafton would be helpful rather than the onus being on fans to seek this out.  Are there implications for wheelchair access on the  "far side" of the ground?

The opposite terracing  to the stand may have access problems for wheelchair users at this moment , but Glenafton have invested in wheelchair access in all other parts of the ground, with the carpark now fully tarmacked with mobilty vehicle access into ground if needed, ramps into the Campbell Hall , disabled toilet with facilities, and raised wheelchair viewing area in front of the clubhouse, and I don't see anyone from Glenafton having any objections to wheelchair users using the stand side of the ground.

The opposite terracing  to the stand may have access problems for wheelchair users at this moment , but Glenafton have invested in wheelchair access in all other parts of the ground, with the carpark now fully tarmacked with mobilty vehicle access into ground if needed, ramps into the Campbell Hall , disabled toilet with facilities, and raised wheelchair viewing area in front of the clubhouse, and I don't see anyone from Glenafton having any objections to wheelchair users using the stand side of the ground.

Yes im sure they’ll feel very safe being amongst Glenafton fans despite the club thinking segregation is necessary?

Glenafton93 is just trying to be helpful 

Im not having a go at the guy personally, but making a serious point if they feel segregation is necessary for some unknown reason then having the most vulnerable Bankies fans isolated amongst a hostile support (i presume this is the reason behind the move) isn’t a particularly reassuring move. I get the guys just trying to be helpful and happy to clarify im not having a go at him.

I'm travelling down with a wheelchair user tomorrow and neither of us have any concerns over safety. Always been treated well at Loch Park.

I cant disagree with previous matches (stewards aside) thus the sudden change with absolutely no visible justification suggests to me they expect trouble from their own fans so I’ll be giving it a miss.

really class of 2010 ?? I've tried to contact via Twitter and someone could've messaged me here or even just explained what they're about with the decision. It's not actually been a particularly slaggy type of thread. A perfectly reasonable tone adopted and an official response appreciated.  Sounds like Glens fans themselves don't know.
Don't know about you but a welcoming feeling is what I DO value about the Juniors ( and will miss if we move on and it's not replicated ) ... you will not find me trying to pick fights in person or on message boards but I also don't like the feeling of being singled out as a support - hence a reasonable explanation would be nice. if its not forthcoming then I have a choice to make about tomorrow 

So your saying no one at Clydebank has a number for a glenafton official I find that strange there is better ways than posting on social media for The piranhas to have a field day on your team as I said in my original post I did not blame you for the posts it just opened it up for discussion

What piranhas ? ... a couple of Talbot fans ??  lol. Look Glenafton made this decision ... not Clydebank afaik. Someone from Glens Facebook page has kindly come back to say they are trying to contact an official.  I'll look forward to finding out ... either through that means or face to face if i do go

3 hours ago, Talbot 1978 said:

Toxic mix tbh

Wish somebody fay the glens would come on and explain to Clydebank the reason for the segregation. Maybe it would stop knobs like Talbot1978  posting shite talk .

hopefully it won't stop any bankies fans attending the game, a canny think of any reason why they think there will be trouble at the game. I've only ever heard a bit of verbals when Clydebank have been doon at NC . We're all big boys we can take it !!

Archived