Glenafton v Bankies 8th Sept 18

BANKIEBILL

Apparently there is to be segregation at this game - with Bankies fans to stand opposite the covered seating area. 

Can i just ask someone from Glenafton to confirm this is a new policy and that they have erected some cover, toilet facilities and catering on that side. 

many thanks 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nah actually I think in around 6 or 7 trips to the park I've stood there once - for one half. 

thanks For confirming we'll still be able to eat and go for a slash though. Can someone who can speak for the club though just confirm if its a polite request or a requirement and what the rationale is please.

thanks

nothing more than the odd bad word exchanged and an unsavoury incident where one of our fans was perhaps treated heavy-handed by stewards ( I didn't see it happen ). That's why I'm asking if this is a new policy or a one off. Whenever I've been at the ground I've stood undercover if weather rotten or on standside terrace if it was ok. Don't really want to change that tbh 

12 minutes ago, F_T_Y said:

Think you are missing the point.

Not really.  People are specifically complaining about lack of cover but you won't need it.

And regardless of the rights and wrongs here, what self respecting fan actually flings the toys out of the pram over something like this to the point you boycott the match rather than back their team?  

Scanner I want some kind of explanation from Glenafton. Apparently there was a problem at the home game v Hurlford  ? Seems implausible that it was rampaging Hurlford hordes tbh. It's not unreasonable to ask for their rationale and it may be something readily acceptable 

2 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Scanner I want some kind of explanation from Glenafton. Apparently there was a problem at the home game v Hurlford  ? Seems implausible that it was rampaging Hurlford hordes tbh. It's not unreasonable to ask for their rationale and it may be something readily acceptable 

fair enough don't blame you, was commenting after reading subsequent posts on the thread.

One of the Glenafton people on here must know what this is all about.It was I am sure at their game v Beith last season when there was a really nasty incident involving someone well known to Glenafton fans attacking Beith supporters-presume the club dealt with that by banning said individual so no more issues ever likely?

Police Scotland statement : Police Scotland have suggested, after having dealt with numerous previous complaints, that the only way to spare the locals from the awful, bitchy,  whining noise that emanates wherever a group of Bankies congregate is to move said group in an Easterly direction.

Statement ends.

Archived