In honour of Ray; Utd v Morton

9 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

I'm not raging. It is literally our best result of the season

Thought we'd _utterly broken_ you last week young Tids, but glad you managed to glue yourself back together in order to make that early contender for Post of the Year...

Chucking away a two-goal lead at little Ayr is LITERALLY your _best result of the season_? My f**k, this is going to be even better than I thought it would be...

But at least you're not raging. Broken, but not raging. In September.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Respec' to the DU fans who were devastated by their own team's equaliser deep into injury time... Scottish fitba, bloody hell...

It was bloody odd. The equaliser didn't feel like it changed very much. It was so undeserved and we hate our team so much right now that to celebrate felt a little bit dirty.

Delighted for Fyvie Fraser, mind.

17 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

I'm not raging. It is literally our best result of the season and a clear sign of improvement. We had more shots on goal and goals than every other game combined,

If you need to think I'm raging to make your own fragile lives feel better, then by all means do so. But come tomorrow, I'll still be feeling better, and you will all still be bitter, shrivelled husks.

Mind that time you literally put all the Morton fans on ignore because you couldny take it? I mind that. 

It's funny how people who are sitting right next to each other can see a game so differently.

I think we easily deserved the point, if not all 3. I think we were the better team throughout the game, (which isn't saying much), and created a number of clear cut chances which were squandered. Scully made a great save from a point blank header in the first half and we shoyld have done better with a few 1 on 1s. Aside from scoring their penalty, I don't think Morton offered much tbh.

Lloemba is as frustrating as f**k. He has obvious skill but is clueless when it comes to thd final ball, and wants all day to decide what he is going to do with it.

The Algerian boy was superb (aside from giving away the pen) imo. I counted about 10 pinpoint crossfield passes from RB to Lloemba on the left wing, and he showed some class touches which will only get better.

Agree that Barton had yet another poor game and I struggle to see why he still gets a start. When Fyvie is fully fit he will be binned I assume.

Great to see Fyvie back and well chuffed he marked his return with a goal. I can't understand why anyone says that it wasn't deserved. I wonder if some (perfectly understandable) anti Laszlo sentiments are clouding some people's judgement.

I agree that Csaba has to go, however I don't think we were as bad yesterday as a lot of people are making out, and with a better final ball from the left, could have won the game comfortably.

As much as I want Csambles gone, I never want to see United lose so was well pleased to get the point.

Morton probably got what we deserved yesterday. That was 40 minutes (at least) of inviting pressure, and for the most part dealing with it. That United failed to score until the death with that amount of pressure and possession says a lot about how bad they were going forward, Scully really had very little to do in the second half.

First half we were much better and were worth our lead  I thought. Denny should have done much better with his 1 on 1 and going 2-0 up at that point would have completely changed the game I think.

Loemba was rotten and Barton was just a big space filler so United fans can feel suitably pissed off at them ( I can't remember how many times Loemba fell over the ball or just gave it to Tumilty in the 1st half). One slightly worrying thing for me is that our midfield seemed to drop away again as the game went on.

I'd have taken a point before the game but to drop 2 in the last minute is a bit shitey.

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Haha what happened? How did they react?

Don't know about the others but I almost tripped over a drain walking up Sandeman St when I heard. I assumed if we were going to score it would have been sometime between Wednesday night and Thursday morning. 

32 minutes ago, MacArab said:

It's funny how people who are sitting right next to each other can see a game so differently.

I think we easily deserved the point, if not all 3. I think we were the better team throughout the game, (which isn't saying much), and created a number of clear cut chances which were squandered. Scully made a great save from a point blank header in the first half and we shoyld have done better with a few 1 on 1s. Aside from scoring their penalty, I don't think Morton offered much tbh.

Lloemba is as frustrating as f**k. He has obvious skill but is clueless when it comes to thd final ball, and wants all day to decide what he is going to do with it.

The Algerian boy was superb (aside from giving away the pen) imo. I counted about 10 pinpoint crossfield passes from RB to Lloemba on the left wing, and he showed some class touches which will only get better.

Agree that Barton had yet another poor game and I struggle to see why he still gets a start. When Fyvie is fully fit he will be binned I assume.

Great to see Fyvie back and well chuffed he marked his return with a goal. I can't understand why anyone says that it wasn't deserved. I wonder if some (perfectly understandable) anti Laszlo sentiments are clouding some people's judgement.

I agree that Csaba has to go, however I don't think we were as bad yesterday as a lot of people are making out, and with a better final ball from the left, could have won the game comfortably.

As much as I want Csambles gone, I never want to see United lose so was well pleased to get the point.

I agree with your last sentence, on my feet in jubilation when the goal went in.

As for deserving three points, I am astounded by that statement.

16 minutes ago, Janne Lindberg's Laces said:

Morton probably got what we deserved yesterday. That was 40 minutes (at least) of inviting pressure, and for the most part dealing with it. That United failed to score until the death with that amount of pressure and possession says a lot about how bad they were going forward, Scully really had very little to do in the second half.

First half we were much better and were worth our lead  I thought. Denny should have done much better with his 1 on 1 and going 2-0 up at that point would have completely changed the game I think.

Loemba was rotten and Barton was just a big space filler so United fans can feel suitably pissed off at them ( I can't remember how many times Loemba fell over the ball or just gave it to Tumilty in the 1st half). One slightly worrying thing for me is that our midfield seemed to drop away again as the game went on.

I'd have taken a point before the game but to drop 2 in the last minute is a bit shitey.

You didn’t deserve a point and only got one because we gave away a penalty.

FWIW we didn’t deserve a point either.  Awarding both sides nothing would have been a fair consequence of the dross that we had to endure.

Just spoke to my younger son who says he started watching Laszlo's interview on Arabzone but stopped watching it after Laszlo claimed his tactic of playing the fullbacks narrow worked.

He thought that formation was actually effective.  How the f**k is that possible?

31 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You didn’t deserve a point and only got one because we gave away a penalty.

:lol:

Your team gave away a stupid penalty and Morton defended well pretty much all game. Or is defending not part of deserving points from football matches?

18 minutes ago, GiGi said:

:lol:

Your team gave away a stupid penalty and Morton defended well pretty much all game. Or is defending not part of deserving points from football matches?

Try reading both parts of my post. Shouldn’t be too hard.

Both teams were shit.

1 hour ago, MacArab said:

I would argue about the clear cut chances. Curran had a terrible miss in the first half and Scully made a great save from Safranko but beyond that we had a few half chances and a couple of moments but nothing too clear cut.

My issue is that we are not improving, there is nothing about the way we play football under Laszlo that suggests we are capable of winning the league and that is what we have to do this year. In isolation yesterday wasn't the worst performance under the manager but when you link it to an abject performance at Alloa and others like it you cannot continue to put in such mediocre performances in a league like this. My belief is that if we stick with Laszlo we end up in 4th or similar. We cannot afford to sleepwalk through another season. The board promised to build a team capable of winning the league and that will not happen under Laszlo.

On 16/09/2018 at 02:06, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Thought we'd _utterly broken_ you last week young Tids, but glad you managed to glue yourself back together in order to make that early contender for Post of the Year...

Chucking away a two-goal lead at little Ayr is LITERALLY your _best result of the season_? My f**k, this is going to be even better than I thought it would be...

But at least you're not raging. Broken, but not raging. In September.

A better result than your rabble managed last time they visited 'little Ayr'.

13 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

A better result than your rabble managed last time they visited 'little Ayr'.

Hmm. That wasn't a league game, we weren't marooned at the bottom of the league, and.......  I forget, who was our manager that day?

Archived